New Axe FX II XL+ owner here

cybermgk

Inspired
Just got it Wednesday

QMsqCt.jpg

Don't kill me, but I also have a Kemper Profiling Amp.

Rather than kill you, congratulations! The Axe and Kemper are a deadly combo! Running the Kemper in the loop of the Axe is awesome.

OOC to bypass the Axe Amp CAB block, or to provide offboard FX, or to dual amp?

I can't speak for him, but I generally bypass the amps and cabs on the Axe and use the Axe's effects to complement the Kemper's amps and cabs. However, you can also bypass the Cabinet section on the Kemper and use IRs from the Axe in conjunction with the Kemper's amps, though I generally prefer studio profiles. You can also create a preset with 1 Kemper amp/cab accompanied by two amps and cabs from the Axe.

Lately, I've been using some of the new 5.0 delays from the Kemper in conjunction with effects from the Axe, which sounds truly outstanding. I haven't had a lot of luck replicating the Kemper's Main Station delay preset in the Axe, but that preset combined with some of the Axe's delays and whatnot sounds breathtaking.

Last edited:
Can't speak to the Kemper, but I'm confident you won't regret the XL+
I haven't so far. In fact, it prompted me to put a fairly large pedal collection for sale. 14 sold, 8 more to go (still keeping a Klon, Klon clone, a vintage TS 808, couple of other's with value/special value)..

I haven't so far. In fact, it prompted me to put a fairly large pedal collection for sale. 14 sold, 8 more to go (still keeping a Klon, Klon clone, a vintage TS 808, couple of other's with value/special value)..
I agree about holding on to what you enjoy. I have a room with several tube amps, a few pedals I use when I am just playing with an amp, and assorted gear that means something to me. I've never played on a real Klon, but would love the experience to form my own opinion of it! I kept my King of Tone pedal as my "desert island" tone machine. It's great that enjoying cutting edge gear like my XL+ and AX8 doesn't mean I have to cease enjoying great amps and pedals I always loved.

Don't kill me, but I also have a Kemper Profiling Amp.[/QUOTE]

I have both the XL+ and KPA Powerrack as well. Both are cutting edge and i'm keeping them. Btw, i also own several tube amps and a few pedals that i enjoy and love....lol

Welcome aboard @cybermgk!

I'm sure you will find the Axe FX is a very different bit of gear to the to the Kemper but they both have their own benefits in different ways.

Welcome aboard @cybermgk!

I'm sure you will find the Axe FX is a very different bit of gear to the to the Kemper but they both have their own benefits in different ways.
Yes, finding that out as I go along.

Just starting to look at all the possibilities of using them integrated.

Back
Top Bottom