New Axe-Fx II Firmware 5.04b released

I'm telling you man this 5.04 nails it. I turned up to church yesterday morning loaded up 5.04 and had a little play before our sound check for the P&W set. I immediately noticed the warmth and juice was back. I was struggling a bit with 5.01. I immediately noticed the difference and so did the Band. The Marshall JVM so much better natural feedback now through my Atomics rather than the squeals I had been getting. The Buttery patch was so good and reacts so well to playing dynamics I could have done the whole set with that. Lush man.

Cliff thanks so much. I am finding I can really express myself and touch my listeners with the emotion in the music. I've been playing a long time with every rig you can think of. This is it. You've done it pal. You have my respect....

My touring rig is in transition - up until now, I have been using my trusty GT-8/HC combination straight to the FOH arena system - this handled both my Electric and Acoustic processing (along with an Aura Spectrum). With the new flexibility and sonics of the AFX II, it seems like a no brainer choice for our big tour of the States & Canada starting June 1. I also really dig my MFC - I plan to use it in the 15 preset-per-bank mode plus 2 control switches :) (don't have time for a lot of bank changing during a fast-paced show like Neil's)

Neil Diamond Rules!!! I am a Fanilow as well, and a HUGE Hall & Oates fan (I DVR "Live From Daryl's House" every week, both episodes :D ). I would love to know if Neil is cool to work with, or a diva (divo?)... then again, maybe I don't.. lol..

Neil is a typical moody musician (just like myself), but is in NO way a 'Diva' - he has always treated his band first class, and that's why we are loyal to him (plus I love putting a bit more 'edge' on his rock stuff with some major gain & grit!) :)

Hey Radley, interesting to hear you still use the GT-8 in your rig. I was on the Boss forum years ago when you were first developing the HC. I'll look forward to hearing your sound w/ the AFX when you come to Salt Lake ;-)

(I haven't seen Neil live since Hot August Night II at the Greek in '76).

NOTE: Although the GT-8s have been solid & reliable, they cannot compete with the AFXII. If I go out with the AFXII, I will be using it for Everything - Amp & Cab emulation, Acoustic processing and all Effects (I wouldn't be one of those who only uses the effects). I am very much looking forward to the extra versatility that will be added by the future 'profiling' potential!

NOTE: Although the GT-8s have been solid & reliable, they cannot compete with the AFXII. If I go out with the AFXII, I will be using it for Everything - Amp & Cab emulation, Acoustic processing and all Effects (I wouldn't be one of those who only uses the effects). I am very much looking forward to the extra versatility that will be added by the future 'profiling' potential!

@Radley - make sure you put me down on the list. I'd like to see you play up close. Close enough to see your gear. ;) Oh and maybe catch a glimpse of Neil too. btw - i saw you guys last time through San Antonio

NOTE: ...If I go out with the AFXII, I will be using it for Everything - Amp & Cab emulation, Acoustic processing and all Effects....I am very much looking forward to the extra versatility that will be added by the future 'profiling' potential!
That's how I use it Radley -- for everything: Acoustic in 2, Electric in front (we need pitch detection/envelope following to be patch selectable on rear input). Also looking forward to what profiling will add.

Ahh... Three Stooges fan, including Moe :D

Ya, I get that a fair bit... Real name's not "Mo" but everyone knows me as this, so it's rare I get called by my real name. I'm alright with it - it suits me, apparently, and I've not seen it as a bad thing.

I dig the 3 Stooges too, I mean, in moderation of course. I've not really watched TV or even movies since the 90's. I'm a book kinda guy, and if I am going to watch a movie (definitely never TV, never!) it's gotta be good, you know, Revolver, Fight Club, Pan's Labyrinth, The Fountain, etc. It's gotta have meaning and substance.

Ahh... Three Stooges fan, including Moe :D
When I was a kid, my dad hosted a kid's show on the local TV station called Three Stooges Clubhouse. It was a half-hour of Three Stooges reels, woven together with live ad-libs between films. He's 82 now, and still occassionally gets recognized by somebody who remembers watching his show as a child. So I have a soft spot for the Stooges, though I agree with Mo that moderation is the key when consuming that dish. :)

I've not really watched TV or even movies since the 90's. I'm a book kinda guy, and if I am going to watch a movie (definitely never TV, never!) it's gotta be good, you know, Revolver, Fight Club, Pan's Labyrinth, The Fountain, etc. It's gotta have meaning and substance.

Haven't owned a TV since '79. Go to the pub to watch hockey with my mates, but that is about all the TV I get except hotel TV when on travel dates and feeling lonely. Then it is the Daily Show, the Colbert Show, and then off to bed.

Need a couple more nickels to send in the $$$ for Axe2, but looking forehead to the updates. Tomorrow will be another Ultra day with my guys...

Back
Top Bottom