New Axe-Fx II Driver for Windows (Public Beta)

Everything shows installed and working perfectly.

Used to get a pop using the Axe II as my soundcard into my CLR's every time I first started an mp3 or Youtube in the morning after turning it on.

Thankfully, that seems to be gone now. :)

Ummm still getting that pop here with the new driver...bummer.

The driver control panel is located in the notification area (bottom right by the clock), ckick on ^ (show hidden icons).

I cannot locate the driver control panel. I've clicked on the "^" on the bottom right of the screen by the clock as described. The driver control panel isn't there.

After many, many attempts, the drivers are installed, but there is no control panel that I can locate.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Is there another place to look for this control panel? What does it look like. Can someone post a screen shot? Thanks!

Uhm... First disable your antivirus temporaly while you uninstall the old version and install the new one. (in windows 8 it's Windows Defender by default if you didn't install any third party antivirus)
Turn off the Axe-Fx II (important) while you uninstall the drivers and uninstall everything again (Axe-Fx II Driver v1.67.0, Axe-Fx II USB Driver Installer 1.67 or 1.68, Windows Driver Package - Fractal Audio Systems (axefx2load) USB). Double check that you don't miss any of those.

After that clean the registry with ccleaner to wipe all traces of the old drivers. That shouldn't be necessary but as you had troubles installing, I would clean the registry.
Finally (and with the antivirus still disabled) Right Click on the new driver and "Run as Administrator" to install it. That's important if you have UAC on by default.

Keep the Axe-Fx II plugged to the computer but NOT on. During the first steps of the installation it may pop up a windows similar to this:
View attachment 22032
Click on "Install this driver software anyway"

Remember that during the installation a pop-up may appear saying something similar that an error ocurred while trying to install the driver. Ignore it.
Last, turn the Axe-FX ON when the installer prompts it and click next.

Enable your antivirus again.

Hope that helps.

I got the drivers to install. Thanks for your help. However, I still cannot locate the driver control panel.

Works flawless here on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit, sonar x3 producer, Roland Gr55 usb, Uno Midi, Fishman Triple Play etc...

Well, before with ASIO you had to choose either the Axe or the interface as the soundcard. If it was the Axe, you could easily reamp because you could record the wet track (output 1/2) and a clean track for reamp (output 3/4). But that was it, you couldn't have any input through the other interface. If you chose the other input for mic's, vocals etc, you could only run spdif or analog output from Axe which is output 1/2 only. Now with WDM drivers you can select output 1/2 AND output 3/4 from the axe AND any source from your interface at the same time as input source for your recording tracks. Very cool.

I understand what your saying here. How would this look like through a DAW? My current understanding still tells me that Cubase can only select one audio device at a time. Or is there another way?

I cannot locate the driver control panel. I've clicked on the "^" on the bottom right of the screen by the clock as described. The driver control panel isn't there.

After many, many attempts, the drivers are installed, but there is no control panel that I can locate.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Is there another place to look for this control panel? What does it look like. Can someone post a screen shot? Thanks!

cpan.jpg

Damn... had a show last Friday, then Father's Day and the Spurs winning it all, then today I'm in the Big Easy for a conference... arg!!! Still haven't had a chance to hook up my Axe-fx or install the WDM drivers! Any Feedback on latency, etc? I'm guessing it still requires 48/24? Which won't be an issue for me since all my project have that already even with ASIO4ALL.

Thanks again to Cliff and the FAS team!

Could folks try to do a full backup with the fractal bot ??

i can not get it to finish.

Here.. i made a quick video.

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v8optvmwssikw6/FB%20-%20fail%20video%20done.mp4[/video]

As you can see,all is up to date

All,

We have an updated version of the Axe-Fx II driver for Windows. (This has nothing to do with OS X, where the driver is provided by Apple via the OS.)

This version is essentially ready for release, and we've decided to offer it as a public beta.
It contains numerous fixes and unofficially adds WDM support.

After successful installation, the following versions will be reported:

1. Fractal Audio Systems USB Audio Driver version 2.23.0
2. Fractal Audio Systems USB Driver Package 2014.06.06
3. Windows Driver Package 1.0.0.9

Download from:
http://fractalaudio.com/downloads/d..._Systems_USB_Driver_Setup_2014.06.06-beta.zip

We'll monitor this thread for Q&A.

I have new driver now and successfully removed previous version, but after I remove some IR and replace them, Axe-fx doesn't work as a sound card and also when I opening my Sonar X2 this message coming up: there is no audio device for the current driver model on your system please go to Edit-Preferences-Audio- I checked this in driver setting section and there wasn't any Axe-Fx driver, it was empty, I have to boot the Axe-fx in order to fix this issue and each time I remove some IR and replace them, it happening againg

Back
Top Bottom