New Axe-Fx II Driver for Windows (Public Beta)

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

We have an updated version of the Axe-Fx II driver for Windows. (This has nothing to do with OS X, where the driver is provided by Apple via the OS.)

This version is essentially ready for release, and we've decided to offer it as a public beta.
It contains numerous fixes and unofficially adds WDM support.

After successful installation, the following versions will be reported:

1. Fractal Audio Systems USB Audio Driver version 2.23.0
2. Fractal Audio Systems USB Driver Package 2014.06.06
3. Windows Driver Package 1.0.0.9

Download from:
http://fractalaudio.com/downloads/d..._Systems_USB_Driver_Setup_2014.06.06-beta.zip

We'll monitor this thread for Q&A.

ok guys thanks !
will DL and check what is the update content... prepare a new AE ?

Item #1 doesn't show up in my Control Panel. Windows 7 Home Premium. That said, Axe-Edit works and Fractal Bot shows connected. What do I need to do here? Thanks.

Last edited:
This is mortega76 right now:

CNKX9Eq.gif

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/45939-can-we-please-have-wdm-drivers.html

Item #1 doesn't show up in my Control Panel. Windows 7 Home Premium. That said, Axe-Edit works and Fractal Bot shows connected. What do I need to do here? Thanks.

Sounds like the previous driver wasn't uninstalled first. Take a look at the README included in the .zip file. It lists what items need to be uninstalled.

Sounds like the previous driver wasn't uninstalled first. Take a look at the README included in the .zip file. It lists what items need to be uninstalled. If you attempt a re-installation you should uninstall everything from the most recent install as well.
I read the Read Me beforehand and uninstalled all items on the list.

Everything shows installed and working perfectly.

Used to get a pop using the Axe II as my soundcard into my CLR's every time I first started an mp3 or Youtube in the morning after turning it on.

Thankfully, that seems to be gone now. :)

Used to get a pop using the Axe II as my soundcard into my CLR's every time I first started an mp3 or Youtube in the morning after turning it on.

Yiippeee! I gotta try it out now.

Everything shows installed and working perfectly.

Yeah. I get that pop the first time i start YT, SC or iTunes on my Mac.

The driver control panel is located in the notification area (bottom right by the clock), ckick on ^ (show hidden icons).

The driver control panel is located in the notification area (bottom right by the clock), ckick on ^ (show hidden icons).

Thanks Java, but after reinstalling it shows up in my Control Panel and the Notification area. It didn't show in either place earlier. All is well now.

Win8.1 Pro 64 bit - uninstalled per Read Me and installed new drivers. Works great! Pop seems to be gone for me too! Thanks M@ and FAS!

Does it support us lowly XP users?

I'd buy a new PC, but need to save my pennies for a CLR! (and have a family to feed).

XP reached end of life with Microsoft. The driver may work (probably does) but it's likely not going to be "officially" supported.

Back
Top Bottom