New Axe-Fx 3 sounded great yesterday, today there is a problem

I kill me

Just got the axe yesterday, it sounded amazing.
Today however all the presets have some weird high end distortion that shouldn’t be there and also my dry signal from my guitar is leaking into the out put so that I am hearing the axe fx 3 and my dry signal , like I am hearing two guitars instead of just the axe fx 3

I deleted all presets and redownloaded
I tried different headphones
I tried a different cable
I can’t figure out what is going on, the unit sounds like garbage because of it, sounded incredible yesterday. Please help.

Any ideas?

Another user recently had a Similar issue, turned out it was his guitar battery needed replacing. Weird but it solved his issue.

Post a preset or screenshot
Also are cabs and power amp modeling turned on in the global settings?

Also is monitoring turned on in your DAW?
It happens weather I am going through the daw, or even if I disconnect the usb and just headphones directly in to the axe fx , I will try changing the batteries in my guitar tomorrow. Hopefully that does the trick

I am connected :
Guitar to front input, headphones to headphone jack
Axe fx 3 to iMac pro via usb

While NOT your reported issue and has zero to do with your issue this is just given as a heads-up. Also I am not trying to fear monger - I only post since you said "iMac Pro" and I coincidentally just saw this an hour ago. If you have a NEW iMac Pro (new T2 chip) and a USB 2 audio interface, which just happens to be what's in the FX III, then this video is at least worth noting (and it is NOT an FAS problem or issue what so ever)

Turn off Axe-Fx. Unplug USB cable. Turn on Axe-Fx. Wait for it to finish booting. Plug in USB cable.

While NOT your reported issue and has zero to do with your issue this is just given as a heads-up. Also I am not trying to fear monger - I only post since you said "iMac Pro" and I coincidentally just saw this an hour ago. If you have a NEW iMac Pro (new T2 chip) and a USB 2 audio interface, which just happens to be what's in the FX III, then this video is at least worth noting (and it is NOT an FAS problem or issue what so ever)

I'm pretty sure the issue with the T2 chip and audio software was fixed via a firmware update quite a few months ago. Just make sure your Mac has all non-OS updates applied (unless you want to be on Catalina for some reason).

Just got the axe yesterday, it sounded amazing.
Today however all the presets have some weird high end distortion that shouldn’t be there and also my dry signal from my guitar is leaking into the out put so that I am hearing the axe fx 3 and my dry signal , like I am hearing two guitars instead of just the axe fx 3

I deleted all presets and redownloaded
I tried different headphones
I tried a different cable
I can’t figure out what is going on, the unit sounds like garbage because of it, sounded incredible yesterday. Please help.

Any ideas?
I don’t know if it was the new battery in the guitar or the unplugging of the usb and power cycle, but it’s working great now. Thank you all

Back
Top Bottom