New Axe-Edit on its way?

.... it's long time now without AxeManage... etc...
i really wonder why it takes so long????
(I know what i say because i'm a Mobile Dev...)
nothing changed really since the original Release of Axe Edit 3.
Axe Edit was one of the key's why i choose the Axe...
it's now 6 Month since Axe Edit 3 and no big Updates...
Also the Drivers need improvements...

You don't know, software development is complex. I've never been involved in a project along the lines of Axe-Edit, but building a complex RPC-based system editing interface, that interacts with an external (and ever-changing via firmware updates) hardware target via MIDI SysEx, and that works consistently across two platforms (Windows & Mac OS X) sounds like a reasonably complex software project to me.

I won't repost them here, but go back and re-read the release notes for Axe-Edit before you complain; plenty of new features have been added since the initial 3.0 release.

Axe-Edit 3.0 came out at the very end of August 2013, that isn't six months no matter how you count it.

That's pretty good news. I hope Axe Manager will be in it. That really was a fine tool. Maybe until summer ?

.... it's long time now without AxeManage... etc...
Axe Edit was one of the key's why i choose the Axe...
Also the Drivers need improvements...

Everything about Me needs improvement!! And I ask the same question, Why is it taking so long!!!! Might be time better spend enjoying what we Have ???

Personally im thrilled every time I plug my guitar into the axe. Best piece of equipment I ever had. Axe manage is just gonna be ice on the cake. Its not necessary, but sure would enhance the experience :)

I got a feeling it's coming soon.

Seems like there has been a new version of Axe Edit shortly after the last few significant FW updates.

Just cannot wait for the return of Axe-Manage. Am getting Import-itis in both hands. If there was a way of easily swapping around and re-arranging presets then that would be brilliant.

Today I upgraded from Beta 1.9 to Axe Edit 3 - what a bad surprise I wish I would never have done this. Axe Manage is not there anymore ???????? To be honest it is hard for me to understand that something which was working in a Beta Release 1.9 is not included in Version 3 anymore -I feel completely lost as this was the most required feature for me to pick and choose and save.

As such I would be pleased to get an idea as to when this will be available again

Is there any way to go back to the BETA 1.9 ? I mean I have not kept the program exe of 1.9

Today I upgraded from Beta 1.9 to Axe Edit 3 - what a bad surprise I wish I would never have done this. Axe Manage is not there anymore ???????? To be honest it is hard for me to understand that something which was working in a Beta Release 1.9 is not included in Version 3 anymore -I feel completely lost as this was the most required feature for me to pick and choose and save.

As such I would be pleased to get an idea as to when this will be available again

Is there any way to go back to the BETA 1.9 ? I mean I have not kept the program exe of 1.9
Beta 1.9 is not recommended to be used in combination with the Axe II. It can cause serious bugs or corrupt your presets.
You can use Fractalbot to load and audition presets until Axe manage is back.

axefx.fr

As for AxeManage, I believe an AxeEdit update containing that feature is currently in beta testing, so hopefully it won't be too long before it's publicly released. Also, AE3.0 was recoded from scratch due to many problems in the development of 1.9beta, or rather AE2 (which never saw the light of day), hence why AxeManage has not been included yet.

Any updates on if a new version of AE will be available once 12.04 comes out of beta? I haven't updated to 12.03 yet since it seems like an interim release and a new version of AE wasn't rolled out at the same time. If it won't be ready for 12.04, then I may just test the latest beta FW now, but if there are plans to roll it out at the same time as the official 12.04 release then I will probably hold off. Would like to know either way.

Would be nice if the official Axe Edit team chimed in here, at least to let us know where things stand.

Since you can copy presets in Axe Edit I am fine ... I copy and paste them into whatever order I want. Not as good as Axe manage drag/drop, but it will do. The Axe Edit is stable, and that is the most important thing.

"Any updates on if a new version of AE will be available once 12.04 comes out of beta"

Is this true? (yes I know the above had a question at the end)

Seems like a long time since we heard anything about AxeManage. No matter how much longer it will be, knowing an approx delivery date would
help. Something like "it will be delivered with 12.04" or "Looks like about a week" or "about a month" etc. (And yes I know software is "hard", I'm
a developer. How hard it is determines the length of the-schedule, not the "reporting" of the-schedule.)

Sooooo....does the offcial team have any info to report (please)?

Back
Top Bottom