New AX8 without FIRMWARE ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that they state there is no FW installed. Theu open the box to make sure the latest FW is installed. I bought my AX8 from G66 and like everyone else here say they are great. On the plus side if you do not like that they open your box I can mention that they slide in a box of chocolates as a personal gift from them to you. :)

Please read the reply that cliff wrote. There are no functional firmware installed so all units need to be updated and tested.
Besides that, every unit is always shipped with the latest firmware, so if units are tested and new firmware comes, they will be updated again before shipped.

I'm not saying that G66 are not good. It's just I never bought anything from them, and that's the first time I heard about a dealer installing the firmware of a product themselves so it was a bit hard to believe at first (not only my opinion )... But after the answer of FAS above I have no problems with that :)
Yes, I understood your point. was just trying to ease your concerns. :)
I just regard G66 as a Fractal distributer and not a dealer. That way, it's understandable why they do what they do.
Enjoy your AX8. :)

This is actually very interesting stuff..this seems to show that G66 has earned its reputation for excellence in service by intimate knowledge of the products which is likely one of the reasons Cliff created his relatively insular business model

Last edited:
If I am understanding this correctly, I sounds like all of the units ship from the contracted manufacturer without FW installed, including the ones that ship to Fractal themselves. So even Fractal gets the units without FW and they open it, install the FW, test it, and then repackage it for distribution to the customer (as does G66).

Please read the reply that cliff wrote. There are no functional firmware installed so all units need to be updated and tested.
Besides that, every unit is always shipped with the latest firmware, so if units are tested and new firmware comes, they will be updated again before shipped.

Just saying that's not what G66 wrote to me when I bought my AX8.

upload_2018-11-1_22-52-28.png

Just saying that's not what G66 wrote to me when I bought my AX8.

View attachment 50376
this thread is going a bit off track.

the original post asks for more detail regarding the "open box" but in essence, the unit just needed the newest firmware installed before shipping - same thing.

this email screenshot is simply saying it will have the newest firmware installed before shipping. they didn't have a reason to say the detail, that's all.

i feel like this thread can be closed to avoid future confusion or derailing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom