New AX8 without FIRMWARE ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank_Tank

Hello everyone :)

I just ordered my AX8 from a dealer and they said that they will open the box because they have to run a final check and install the new Firmware because these units come to them without any firmware.

My question is :
-Any one knows if that's true that they come to a dealer without any firmware installed ?

My guess is that maybe they are trying to send me a unit that was returned, and they said these things so I'm not surprised about an open box or the newest Firmware...

what are your thoughts ?
Thank You

-Any one knows if that's true that they come to a dealer without any firmware installed ?
This is not true. They ship from Fractal with firmware installed.

There's only ONE dealer for Fractal gear: G66 in Europe. If you're anywhere else the world and ESPECIALLY if you're in North America they are NOT a Fractal dealer and you should consider buying direct from Fractal instead.

G66 makes sure the latest firmware is installed before shipping the unit to the customer. It doesn't mean there is no firmware on it before it arrives at the G66 stock.

This is not true. They ship from Fractal with firmware installed.

There's only ONE dealer for Fractal gear: G66 in Europe. If you're anywhere else the world and ESPECIALLY if you're in North America they are NOT a Fractal dealer and you should consider buying direct from Fractal instead.

I ordered from G66 and when I insisted that the box should stay unopened and that I want to update the FW, I got this reply :

I’m sorry but that’s not possible – we’re getting the units directly from the factory without firmware and we have to do a final check before we send them out.

Kind Regards

Last edited:
I ordered from G66 and when I insisted that the box should stay unopened and that I want to update the FW, I got this reply :

I’m sorry but that’s not possible – we’re getting the units directly from the factory without firmware and we have to do a final check before we send them out.

Kind Regards

Sussi

Lmao at the response

Don't quite get it. That's like ordering a new car and telling the manufacturer to never ever start the engine before handing it over to you.

Well I'd like people at Fractal (they are the manufacturer not the dealer) to check it before it leaves the factory, but I don't want the dealer to open it before I do.. Also I want to eliminate the chance of getting a unit that was returned this way because that did happen to me before.

Well I'd like people at Fractal (they are the manufacturer not the dealer) to check it before it leaves the factory, but I don't want the dealer to open it before I do.. Also I want to eliminate the chance of getting a unit that was returned this way because that did happen to me before.

Relax. The G66 folks and their service is stellar. If FAS trusts them you can too.

Hello everyone :)

I just ordered my AX8 from a dealer and they said that they will open the box because they have to run a final check and install the new Firmware because these units come to them without any firmware.

My question is :

My guess is that maybe they are trying to send me a unit that was returned, and they said these things so I'm not surprised about an open box or the newest Firmware...

what are your thoughts ?
Thank You
G66 receives units direct from the contract manufacturer. These units only have a bootloader installed and require the firmware and presets be installed before use.

Kind Regards

Sussi
See @FractalAudio's answer. I was very wrong!

[...] My guess is that maybe they are trying to send me a unit that was returned, [...]
In addition to the things Cliff said: This is not very likely. The return quote is so low that even if G66 would consider sending new customers a returned unit, there is hardly a chance that you would be the one to get one.

I'm not saying that G66 are not good. It's just I never bought anything from them, and that's the first time I heard about a dealer installing the firmware of a product themselves so it was a bit hard to believe at first (not only my opinion )... But after the answer of FAS above I have no problems with that :)

G66 are a great company to deal with..

Strange that they state there is no FW installed. Theu open the box to make sure the latest FW is installed. I bought my AX8 from G66 and like everyone else here say they are great. On the plus side if you do not like that they open your box I can mention that they slide in a box of chocolates as a personal gift from them to you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom