New AX8 with issues

Glauben

Short story. Bought an AX8 from FAS. Had an issue where FS mode would not show displays for each footswitch on certain presets. They wanted to repair it rather than replace it. Sent me a return RMA for UPS "GROUND"!! Seems a bit long to get it back to them and have it returned.

In case you're wondering, the unit was only 11 days old. Does this seem like reasonable customer service? I might mention that I've owned an Ultra since 2009, bought new as well.

Hi Glauben. Did you express your dissatisfaction to the salesperson? We do offer other options. Also, the decision to repair or replace is made AFTER the unit is inspected by our receiving technician.

Hi Glauben. Did you express your dissatisfaction to the salesperson? We do offer other options. Also, the decision to repair or replace is made AFTER the unit is inspected by our receiving technician.

I spoke with technician. Just seems unreasonable to have to wait for ground shipping on an item that was purchased brand new, and has issues out of the box. I can't recall another product I've ever bought where the company made someone wait around for a tech to evaluate and repair.

I spoke with technician. Just seems unreasonable to have to wait for ground shipping on an item that was purchased brand new, and has issues out of the box. I can't recall another product I've ever bought where the company made someone wait around for a tech to evaluate and repair.

Especially after dropping the cost $100 10 days after I bought the unit!!

In my experience, ground shipping is how most companies handle RMAs.

OP, you asked because I think you wanted to incite people and but I think your expectations are unreasonable. What you described is exactly how I’d expect the situation would be handled with a product that isn’t available locally. Send it back, let Fractal sort it out. They’ll assess it and either fix or replace.

Also, I’m not sure why you tried to support your position by mentioning the price drop. That doesn’t have anything to do with this. A new AX8 is $200 less now than it was 5-6 weeks ago when I bought mine. These things happen.

What I do not understand is what exactly would you expect from the forum members since you’ve been in contact with FAS?

I don't think it's unreasonable to have an expectation of receiving a fully working unit, nor do I feel it's unreasonable for the company to step up the shipping policy if your defect is identified within the initial evaluation period. Would have been easier to have bought a new unit at lower cost, upgraded my own shipping to express, and returned the original.

I call it separation anxiety, rather than incitation. Should have only been directed to fractal admin.

I don't think it's unreasonable to have an expectation of receiving a fully working unit, nor do I feel it's unreasonable for the company to step up the shipping policy if your defect is identified within the initial evaluation period. Would have been easier to have bought a new unit at lower cost, upgraded my own shipping to express, and returned the original.

I call it separation anxiety, rather than incitation. Should have only been directed to fractal admin.

I suppose the post can be seen as less than constructive.

I can sympathise somewhat as I recently bought what I consider a very expensive amp and had an issue with it when I first powered it up. It really is a pain to have spent all that money, and waited with baited breath for delivery only to then have to deal with returns and more waiting......... I can say that if FAS in the US are anything like G66 (European Distributor), then you will get taken care of; the customer service in Europe is stellar.

Back
Top Bottom