New AX8 Doesn't Include Power Cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAM

I just purchased an AX8 directly from Fractal, but it arrived with nothing but the AX8. There was no power cable, manual, or those little stickers like the ones that came with the Axe FX II. I have plenty of power cables laying around, and I considered that the online manual eliminates the cost of a printed manual, but shouldn't they at least come with a power cable?

Mine came with a power cable. I think it had the manual as well but not sure, I've been using only the online version.

I think the printed manual was cancelled some years ago to save cost and it gets outdated fairly quickly. Power cable should have been included from what I remember

Shipping error on fractals end to be sure.....I’m sure a simple email to them would get you a fresh cable and maybe even a bumper sticker if you need it.

Like I said, it's not a big deal because I have a lot of them. It's just that it seems rather sloppy that they would forget the contents for a brand new purchase, and even though the AX8 is an affordable unit, it's still expensive. It should at least come with the power and USB cable.

They've never come with a USB cable

I know that, but like I said, I 'think' they should. That's a secondary point though. I just want to know if they dropped the ball on my order or if nothing else is supposed to come in the box.

If one can’t affors a USB cable they probably shouldn’t be dropping $1100 on a guitar processor. Seems like that would lead to some bad financial hardships....

That all said, are you sure the power cable wasn’t tucked into the side of the foam packing sleeves or something like that ?

Mine did not have a manual, nor did my III, just a page saying where you can go to download one. Did come with a power cord. Both of which I’ve left in the box as I had so many already.

Basically took units unit, put plastic bag, foam, cable, etc back into box and box goes into storage.

Okay, so let’s say they did “drop the ball”... to what end ?

Should you get $500 refund for the hassle? Should they overnight you a replacement ? Should we start a TGP thread of 30 pages about how FAS is going downhill and doesn’t value their customers ?

Someone packed the thing and forgot to toss in a cable. It was a silly mistake. I think you knew he answer before you asked the question.

Email support and say hey, I didn’t get a cable, it’s included right ? If so here’s my address. Thanks

Problem solved. That would of honestly been faster than the time we’ve spend on this thread.

If one can’t affors a USB cable they probably shouldn’t be dropping $1100 on a guitar processor. Seems like that would lead to some bad financial hardships....

That all said, are you sure the power cable wasn’t tucked into the side of the foam packing sleeves or something like that ?

Mine did not have a manual, nor did my III, just a page saying where you can go to download one. Did come with a power cord. Both of which I’ve left in the box as I had so many already.

Basically took units unit, put plastic bag, foam, cable, etc back into box and box goes into storage.

I know you think you're so clever, but your logic doesn't compute. If someone can drop $1100 on an modeler, then chances are they can afford a USB cable. Someone who lives off credit cards probably thinks like that. It was OBVIOUSLY just a secondary opinion that had no bearing question I posted. Also, maybe you always assume that people are blundering idiots who can't search inside a small box, but I'm not one of those people. Pathetic attempt at disguising your sarcasm by appending a useless suggestion.

Okay, so let’s say they did “drop the ball”... to what end ?

Should you get $500 refund for the hassle? Should they overnight you a replacement ? Should we start a TGP thread of 30 pages about how FAS is going downhill and doesn’t value their customers ?

Someone packed the thing and forgot to toss in a cable. It was a silly mistake. I think you knew he answer before you asked the question.

Email support and say hey, I didn’t get a cable, it’s included right ? If so here’s my address. Thanks

Problem solved. That would of honestly been faster than the time we’ve spend on this thread.

Jeez, some people are so quick to resort to douchebaggery. Look, my box only came with the AX8. There was nothing else inside. It's not freaking unreasonable to expect at least a power cable. If you could read properly, I made that clear aside from my personal beliefs in my opening post. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON WHY SINCERE USERS DON'T LIKE TO POST ON FORUMS because they have expect the little naysayers and trolls to come along and make stupid, unhelpful comments.

That would of honestly been faster than the time we’ve spend on this thread.

There wasn't that much time spent on this thread by anyone until you came in and wrote two paragraphs making such a big deal when the OP is simply asking the question and the short answer (like everyone else's) would have been 'Yes'. Now we know why we have those 30 page threads on TGP as you mention...

It should come with a power cable and Quick Start page. The shipping guy forgot to pack those items. Contact sales and they'll send them out.

If one can’t affors a USB cable they probably shouldn’t be dropping $1100 on a guitar processor
question when you buy a new printer comes with a usb cable or no?even the cheaper printer comes with a usb cable,power cord & manual,Fractal Audio should add the usb on the package,we pay more than a grand for those devices.

The level of people claiming to know what Fractal "should" supply with their products - and to what prices - on this forum is steadily increasing.

I wonder why you don't take your business elsewhere?

It's a free world - thank god. No-one forces to buy this this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom