New Amps in 12.3??? Really? Do we need more amps?

My guess is all or most of the ingredients are available for us to experiment with to match these revered effects.

I think it's time for some of the Indians to step out of the wigwam and do battle and let the chief rest. He's done quite a lot to get us where we are. Give him a break.

My guess is all or most of the ingredients are available for us to experiment with to match these revered effects.

I think it's time for some of the Indians to step out of the wigwam and do battle and let the chief rest. He's done quite a lot to get us where we are. Give him a break.

I agree -- so in light of your post .. I think these types of threads should be banned ... at least for a while :mrgreen

Give me a Princeton and a Plexi and a I have 95% of my tones. So many amps I'll never get to, so it's up to you guys. Don't let me down!

We are constantly updating, adding and improving. This does not and cannot happen overnight.

I challenge you to find another company that gives you so much for free. With most (all?) other products you're lucky to get a single update after you've bought it.

We could've made a LOT more money churning out a bunch of derivative products but I don't believe in that philosophy.

Cliff - you guys do an amazing job. I, along with many, MANY others, have a great appreciation for the job you guys are doing. I agree 100% with your post.

Believe me, you're work ethic and philosophy are greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, in a sense, you bring it on yourself by constantly rising to the challenges. ;)

Also, I think sometimes you take people's "I want" posts as complaints, which mostly I don't feel they really are.

Keep it up - I won't be complaining any time soon!

I had no idea when I bought my Axe Fx II back in June that you guys had this level of support, and quite frankly probably would have remained totally happy with FW10.02 that came with my unit. That being said, I now look forward to see what you add to each new FW revision and load ASAP :)

Fractal Supporter,

Kevin

We are constantly updating, adding and improving. This does not and cannot happen overnight.

I challenge you to find another company that gives you so much for free. With most (all?) other products you're lucky to get a single update after you've bought it.

We could've made a LOT more money churning out a bunch of derivative products but I don't believe in that philosophy.

I don't think anybody in this thread is actually complaining. It would be absolutely ridiculous to complain about free firmware updates.

Note: my comment was to highlight that i am so satisfied with the unit that I don't have a reason to update. I am thinking if getting a second unit that would just stay in the house for me to tweak away on, which would be constantly updated.

Last edited:
An old saying, "If you can count 'em, you don't have enough."

Last edited:

Thank you Cliff for everything. Please don't take anything as anything other than the deepest respect for all the work you and the FAS team are doing. It is truly extraordinary. I would have happily pay a $100 yearly update fee for all the updates you are releasing.

And of course all these update mean that imagination runs free too all the things that could also possibly and hopefully will happen at some point in the future.

With the deepest respect

Johan

Thanks Cliff' it's the gift that keeps on giving'..... i've only had my Axe 2 a few months but I can honestly say my playing has
Improved because of it' I have learned so much about "How Amps Actually work" I have a studio full of redundant gear now which
I will unload' but like a lot of members on here' I am very grateful for the addition of any New Amp in the Updates' I am still astounded
By what this thing can do' the best piece of equipment I have ever owned' and I all so have a strange sense of pride like I am a member of an
"Elite" club' sorry for gushing' this thing has changed my perception of what is possible to create with just a guitar a lead and some monitors!

I truly appreciate Cliff & company's ceaseless efforts to expand and enhance the Axe II.
I have nothing but respect for their philosophy of continual improvement. This is as close
as you will ever see to art in commerce.

And I agree on the amps. The new amps are simply stunning! Some of the best sounding
in the whole collection!

Cliff, your technology is incredible.
But your ethic and care for your customers is even more, in the music industry and beyond.
Don't think for a second we don't know it and appreciate it every time your release something new and awesome (=often).
But we are are spoiled children and and sometimes we can be selfish.
Thanks for all your hard work, a take sometime to enjoy your baby and family !!

No challenge needed here. I live in fear that you'll change your mind about how you're doing things. If I were in your position, I would handle things the same way. Not only is the customer satisfaction unprecedented, it's gotta be a great deal of fun.

Cliff, please ignore the whiners. Your work is extremely appreciated. I'm sure even I got on your nerves at some point with all the wishes.

Man... this... along the Hi-Quality of the hardware... is the "software" that will make FAS bigger and bigger...
I'm talking seriously... (and for this year... is enough!!! :lol ) it's a kind of "ethic market" you are talkin about! Rare today... very very rare!!! Priceless for your customers... priceless for your company!!!

Thanks for all you do Cliff and Matt and all, except for ruining my ears from all my guitar playing.

I'm with you!

agree with you guys
all these current amps in FW12.3 are absolutely and not sure I will have enought to play all ... what a luxuriour gear allowing to move from a mesa to march to matchless to diezel...

but high Q drive, as for the reknown time effects in the AF2, would be absolutely great. I'm not saying they are not good... of course we can achieve many tones, but there are still some areas of improvements to have a more pronounced "soul" from each real pedals, to compete with the awesome amp Q .
Cliff & team can perfectely do that, in coming releases ... hope it's in the plan...

Back
Top Bottom