New additions to the family.

Hey, that's awesome. If the ASCs had been around in 2016 I may have bought them over the two ASMs I have now. The weight and handle positioning on the ASMs is a pain, but mine live in my studio.
I hear ya. Exactly why I leave my ASM at our studio. That thing is a pain to move.

Just out of curiosity, how did all of you arrive at your decision of which frfrs to use? I'm finding that no music stores seem to carry any of these, so that just leaves the internet and friend recommendations.

Just out of curiosity, how did all of you arrive at your decision of which frfrs to use? I'm finding that no music stores seem to carry any of these, so that just leaves the internet and friend recommendations.
Stores simply cannot carry enough options as it is and stores are dying thanks to the convenience of the internet/amazon

My Asm sounds awesome at bedroom volume. It's much easier to get a good tone that way then it is live at drummer volume. Maybe it's just me but high volume seems to bring out any weekness your patch may have. I suspect all of the top end frfr cabs sound great but I've yet to hear any others. I'd really like to demo a Meyers!

My Asm sounds awesome at bedroom volume. It's much easier to get a good tone that way then it is live at drummer volume. Maybe it's just me but high volume seems to bring out any weekness your patch may have. I suspect all of the top end frfr cabs sound great but I've yet to hear any others. I'd really like to demo a Meyers!
I tend to agree it's easier to make an awesome preset at bedroom volume. I'm guessing it's because bedroom volume is much more forgiving.

However, I don't think live volume is highlighting weaknesses per se, it's just that low volume presets are just not compatible with being played at stage volume.

I tend to agree it's easier to make an awesome preset at bedroom volume. I'm guessing it's because bedroom volume is much more forgiving.

However, I don't think live volume is highlighting weaknesses per se, it's just that low volume presets are just not compatible with being played at stage volume.
Fletcher Munson at work there.

I started off with the XiTone’s by word of mouth on here about how good they sounded live and how light they are. And they did and they are very light. But then I heard about the CLR’s really being great for creating your presets on and having them translate well to PA systems and they absolutely do. Then the Friedman’s came out and everybody talked about how cab like they sounded and they do. I’d be happy with just using anyone of them. Really just depends what aspects are important to you.

Back
Top Bottom