New additions to the family.

Very cool! they a good looking cab, are they heavy? I haven't looked at the specs on these.
Ya, they are on the heavy side a 59 lbs. but they are much easier to carry than the wedge version the ASM-12. But ya, my XiTone’s are 38 lbs each. Much lighter and I will continue to use those for the most part. But I have gigs where these will be a better fit.

59 Lbs??? Wow thats a tad heavy but if you have gigs where they fit the bill then it must be worth it!
Ya, my lower back is thrilled about it. LOL! But for bigger shows like House of Blues and some large theaters we’ve been playing these will be a better fit.

Is there a difference in the sound compared to the wedge version Todd?
I don’t think so. Haven’t noticed any that I can tell. I had to use the low cut switch on these like I do on my ASM-12. These baby’s got plenty of low end.

I love those cabs! I have a pair as well and they have been a great solution! Punch like a real cab with the benefits being able to use IRs.

I love those cabs! I have a pair as well and they have been a great solution! Punch like a real cab with the benefits being able to use IRs.
I really like the ASM-12 I keep at practice. That thing is just to awkward to lug around though. These should be perfect. Going to try them out live this Thursday night but first going to install some removable casters on them when I get home today.

Those look great with the casters! What brand did you use for those. Removable is a bonus.

The cabs look like they are covered with actual tolex. Are they the same as the ASM's? I ask because the monitors are so delicate. If you sneeze on them you can mar the coating.

Those look great with the casters! What brand did you use for those. Removable is a bonus.

The cabs look like they are covered with actual tolex. Are they the same as the ASM's? I ask because the monitors are so delicate. If you sneeze on them you can mar the coating.
I bought them on Amazon. When you open the link scroll down and it has an option to buy the plates, casters and screws as a set.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JJ18VIE?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title
It’s not Tolex. Smells like Tolex but it’s description says “Black Warnex® painted, Baltic birch plywood construction”

Last edited:
Can you get these to actually sound like an "amp in the room" with all the cab thump and everything? Usually FRFR monitors sound very weird to me, like a recording of an amp.

Back
Top Bottom