New 8 string clip

hey guys! I finally worked up some new ideas. I'm using the Agile 8 string this time. This is my first try at writing 8 string stuff.

Gear used:
Agile 8 string
Ibanez RG7420 (Leads/cleans)
Schecter Stiletto 5 string bass
Axe-Fx Ultra

http://soundcloud.com/kirkpetrucci

I'm not sure how to embed the soundcloud player into posts....if someone could help me out that would be awesome!

- Travis

What patches are you using for rhythm/leads/bass, and would you mind sharing them? I'd definitely love to get a look at them if possible.

Also, good luck finding that second guitarist!

DarkRaven03 said:
What patches are you using for rhythm/leads/bass, and would you mind sharing them? I'd definitely love to get a look at them if possible.

Also, good luck finding that second guitarist!
Thanks!

I'm using the FAS modern and German 4x12 cab. Just a basic drive--->amp--->cab setup. For leads I'm using Marco Sfogli's "Andromeda" patch. For cleans I'm using the Eric Johnson clean patch. I don't have the Axe in front of me right now....the bass patch is really simple. Same routing at the rhythm patch, but with a bass amp and cab.

- Travis

Great job man :cool: ... it is not surprising that you used this setup ... but your tone is realy great ... all three thumbs up ... umm ... ahh you know what i mean :D :lol:

Greatz M

cool man!

a quick question about 8-strings, if you don't mind - i've been considering one, but instead of having two lower strings, i'm wondering if it's possible to have one lower and one higher, tuned B E A D G B E A. i'm guessing it would need a new nut, but that's no problem. would an 8 gauge on the top be feasible, do you think? i guess without fanned frets, the scale length is going to be a compromise - 28" or 30" will give you a tighter bottom string, but 25" will give you a lighter top string.

sim

soularflair: It's the 28" model

simeon: Yeah that is totally possible. I think Rusty Cooley does that with his 8 string. I'm guessing an 8 gauge string would do the trick.

simeon said:
cool man!

a quick question about 8-strings, if you don't mind - i've been considering one, but instead of having two lower strings, i'm wondering if it's possible to have one lower and one higher, tuned B E A D G B E A. i'm guessing it would need a new nut, but that's no problem. would an 8 gauge on the top be feasible, do you think? i guess without fanned frets, the scale length is going to be a compromise - 28" or 30" will give you a tighter bottom string, but 25" will give you a lighter top string.

sim

Simeon-check this design out,start saving NOW

http://www.conklinguitars.com/custom_shop_guitars_g2.html

Seriously thinking this style Conklin 8 should be in my future,only in matte black finish :twisted:

surlybrewer said:
only in matte black finish :twisted:

graaaaahhhhhh!

:D

i can't get on with the body shape, to be honest

any competent builder should be able to make something like that for a lot less, as well

they are lovely guitars though!

Tell me about it with those Conklin guitars. I've been eyeing one for about 2 years. Unfortunately they're so far out of budget that I haven't saved a penny - every cent goes to more attainable music purchases. An Agile may do just the trick while I wait to buy a conklin (may be a couple of decades).

BTW - great tune. Sounds Periphery-esque. And I mean that as a compliment. Do me a favor though and keep clean vocals.

Are you located in Houston? Looking to put a group together?

You can tune with a high A on an Intrepid, but you will need special strings. Check out octave4plus.com. I've used their strings for a high A on one of my 7-strings, and they're great, though they require some extra care until they get settled in.

Back
Top Bottom