New 18.00 Public Beta

Splawn OD1 #2 is my new heavy amp. There is something spanky about OD2 #1 though and I want to use that too!!!

Yeah, that one's incredible too.

So spoiled for choice at this point. This morning I switched to the BRIT AFS100 1 (all default settings, except for cranking the master volume up a bit) and lost two hours of my day. I love this thing!

I can't wait to get some time to start digging through all these remodeled amps. I bet I come up with some new high gain killers.

Yeah, that one's incredible too.

So spoiled for choice at this point. This morning I switched to the BRIT AFS100 1 (all default settings, except for cranking the master volume up a bit) and lost two hours of my day. I love this thing!

Probably stupid question.
When I swap out an existing AMP block (say a Brit 800) for a Brit AFS100 (or whatever), does the new amp default to semi-correct amp settings?

Last edited:
Probably stupid question.
When I swap out an existing AMP block (say a Brit 800) for a Brit AFS100 (or whatever), does the new amp default to their amp settings?

It resets the advanced parameters, but not the basic bass/mid/treb stuff. You can reset all amp settings by holding down the bypass button for a second.

edit: Huh....you learn something every day. The manual says to double click. I've always just held the button down until the dials switch, but I'm doing it wrong.

Last edited:
It's a Bludotone 1x12 with an EV12L.

Yay!

Just because I saw this post and the one from yek about the new stock IRs I went and loaded the beta back in (I had been waiting for the non-beta FW18 just to try it out.

My first impressions of this IR are VERY positive.
We finally have an IR that comes very close to replicating the experience of playing through a real EVM-12L in an open-back cabinet, including much of the hi-end sibilance, mid range warmth and low-end girth that a real 12L has.

I've been trying to get a decent 12L sound from the Cab Block since 2008 with my Ultra, and all previous efforts (after going through hundreds of 3rd party 12L IRs as well as those I've tried to shoot myself of my own cabs) have been mostly fruitless.

Knowing me, I'll probably change my mind about the Bludotone 1 X 12 by dinner tonight, lol, but until then... Thanks!

Is there a Cab Pack available now with several other IRs of the same cabinet?
If so, which one is it?

The PVH 6160 II! My favorite! There will be much feasting and dancing now.
I've always preferred this amp model to the one of the original 5150, but with the new G3 upgrade I can finally say I like them both- they're different flavors I find equally appealing.

One of my main amps! I can't wait to try this tomorrow when I'm not at work!

It resets the advanced parameters, but not the basic bass/mid/treb stuff. You can reset all amp settings by holding down the bypass button for a second.

edit: Huh....you learn something every day. The manual says to double click. I've always just held the button down until the dials switch, but I'm doing it wrong.

Technically it's a double-click but holding the button will invoke "typematic" which effectively yields a double-click.

I have a question, Cliff. Will anything other than adding the rest of the amps change on the modeling side by the time we make it to the final release? Was wanting to do some videos but was going to hold off if the G3 was going to be tweaked before the final version. Thanks in advance for whatever info you can share.

I have a question, Cliff. Will anything other than adding the rest of the amps change on the modeling side by the time we make it to the final release? Was wanting to do some videos but was going to hold off if the G3 was going to be tweaked before the final version. Thanks in advance for whatever info you can share.

Probably not. I was contemplating adding some more reverb types and maybe changing out another cab or two but the latest beta is quite representative of the final version.

Probably not. I was contemplating adding some more reverb types and maybe changing out another cab or two but the latest beta is quite representative of the final version.

great, thank you! none of that would affect the things i try to showcase (pure amp tones) so I'm good.

I could do some extensive testing of the beta.
My impression at first was bad, a lot confused patches. so after resetting it lighened things up, was much better and so far I like, what it does to the playing. Feels and plays even more like a real amp, dynamics, response and the distortion/gain stages is great!
Clean Amps are really superb sounding!!

But... when playing, and also listening to clips others have posted, I feel like it sounds a little bit like a slight blanket over the speaker, missing a bit the "headroom" or "brilliance" in the hights...

Now I even tested it in my bandroom, in several configurations (PA, cab disabled over an amp&cab, Poweramp&cab disabled over a BGW Poweramp into cab), and it is a bit weird:
With "FRFR" and with the neutral Poweramp&guitarcab, there is this blanket-feeling, but when disabling the Poweramp-sim, it goes away. So I suppose, it has to do something in the PA-Sim?
17.04 (and also e.g. 16.04) didn't have this feeling for me, but only FW 15 had it also...
But as I said, it really is the only "negative" thing I hear/feel, otherwise it plays great!

So far, Congrats FAS

Just a quick question regarding new cabs- are new UR factory cabs shot with the new method of compensating for the amplifier driving the impulse?

Back
Top Bottom