Need your opinion: Austin Buddy vs Cooper Carter?

Forgive me if someone already pointed this out, but try some of AustinBuddy's presets that he's posted for free and see if they work for your setup. Some preset makers fit some peoples gear and style better than others.

thanks i have his class also.but doesnt talk about austin buddys fc12 layout so no help there .but thanks

I'm a tightwad so I learned the FM3 by reading manuals and wikis, watching videos, trial and error, and from advice on this forum. I did break down and buy AB's Gold preset pack during his recent sale, and it was completely worth the money imo. A lot of those are great out of the box. Just some minor tweaks for my personal setup and tastes. That said, my main presets are still the ones I ended up with before buying the pack. Several of the AB Golds are in my line up virtually untouched besides drive changes and looper addition. The expectation is just that, to get you close to where you want to be. It's a lot of fun trying all these out. I still haven't heard them all.

It's only money, buying the class will help get you there faster. Buying the AB presets will get you there right away.

You've probably had all the advice and suggestions you'll need for now, but I'll chip in all the same. As soon as I bought the FM3 I enrolled into Cooper's FM3 Master Class... and found it SO useful on so many levels - in terms of greatly furthering my knowledge of the unit and how to get the very best out of it.
I'm not great with manuals and not at all intuitive when it comes to anything technical or computer related, so to be able to watch Cooper go through the very basics of the FM3, to it's much more advanced capabilities was incredibly helpful and, as a result, I am very comfortable building my own presets from scratch. I can't comment on the Austin Buddy packs - never owned any - but I've no doubt the good folks on this forum will have already addressed your AB questions. Good luck.
Cooper Carter's class was a must for me. I never liked modeling and always found myself back to tube amps and pedals. This is the first time that I can honestly say I am getting tones that hasn't made me look back. FAS, their product and their continued support and all you folks, make for a strong tone and ecosystem.

Back
Top Bottom