Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Option #2

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Option #3

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Option #4

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
So I tried this and I think I found something that I'm really happy with. It kind of surprised me that when I cut it into 2D I end up with a shape that includes letters M, L, S and L again. (ML Sound Lab) And not only that but it's almost like the Superman logo sideways that obviously has something to do with the Clark Kent alias. Check it out:

ml-sound-lab-logo-7.jpg

And the letters:

ml-sound-lab-logo-7_letters.jpg

So far this one feels "right" in many ways. The Superman connection and finding all the letters in the shape. How can you beat that?

The only problem I found was that a reverse image search gave me a company logo that is quite similar. But it's not identical so I guess I'm safe. :)

Opinions?

Take this. Ist is perfect. Simple, elegant, and enough Room for interpretation...I like it.

Ever notice that places like Home Depot keep it real simple? If people have to think about it, it's too complicated.

This will obviously have a text beneath it so people don't need to try and guess what it's all about. :) I dunno if it's a global thing but at least in Scandinavian culture a simple text logo comes across cheap. A logo/shape is a powerful tool that helps with people recognizing you. F.ex. the Nike logo, McDonalds logo (intentionally resembles boobs!). You recognize them easily from a distance. Obviously I don't assume that a hobbyist designer like me is going to create masterpiece like Nike but at least it's something. :)

I could always take the easy route and have boobs that form an M and beer that forms an L and everyone would think that's the best one right?

I don't have a mockup as an example, but something that signifies a frequency amplitude graph was the first thing I thought of.

From the very beginning, with your YouTube vid using Isotope to tone match, I've always associated you with the graph display.

I would just do IR.

Use amplifiers and cabinets to form the letters. It should be from a far simply IR, but at closer inspection you can see it's a pile of amps and cabs.

I don't have a mockup as an example, but something that signifies a frequency amplitude graph was the first thing I thought of.

From the very beginning, with your YouTube vid using Isotope to tone match, I've always associated you with the graph display.

Well definitely. That was actually my first idea but once again it would be something that most people would not get. :lol I still use a lot of graphs for my work. When ever I start feeling like I might have ear fatigue I start using graphs. :) All my IRs go through extensive graph testing.

This will obviously have a text beneath it so people don't need to try and guess what it's all about. :) I dunno if it's a global thing but at least in Scandinavian culture a simple text logo comes across cheap. A logo/shape is a powerful tool that helps with people recognizing you. F.ex. the Nike logo, McDonalds logo (intentionally resembles boobs!). You recognize them easily from a distance. Obviously I don't assume that a hobbyist designer like me is going to create masterpiece like Nike but at least it's something. :)

I could always take the easy route and have boobs that form an M and beer that forms an L and everyone would think that's the best one right?

And yet your # 1 export is IKEA.

I'm actually fascinated by your ideas, my initials are also ML maybe i will come back later to your ideas Lol.

hobbyist designer could have some of the best ideas, apple has a simple catchy name and symbol, what has a fruit to do with a computer company...nothing..but it works (for me, not so much for microsoft though)

I know it's already said and done...

but Option #4, though waves/wavy, seems it would be more symbiotic with that of the Fractal Logo.

When the IR's are kicking ass with the Axe... you could put a picture of Hasselhoff on there and everyone would love it heheh.

So far this one feels "right" in many ways. The Superman connection and finding all the letters in the shape. How can you beat that?

The only problem I found was that a reverse image search gave me a company logo that is quite similar. But it's not identical so I guess I'm safe. :)

Opinions?

I agree, best one so far...

Don't post often, but figured I'd weigh in, having done quite a few logos myself, I think combining the first Beaker-Paul design with the last one that you're leaning towards is the way to go, generally most companies pick blue (if you're deciding between the colors), though may be best to use another (red and yellow?), so it can go on the well recognized Clark Kent icon.

Btw, was in the 18.11 thread, but that cab and preset sharing, I think you'll find that to be a great selling point for your IRs, where people get a preset pack that shows off the IRs in the best light - especially with that upcoming bass pack, I would imagine that the security of included IRs and matching "premium presets" has (or is being) addressed before it's fully rolled out.

So I tried this and I think I found something that I'm really happy with. It kind of surprised me that when I cut it into 2D I end up with a shape that includes letters M, L, S and L again. (ML Sound Lab) And not only that but it's almost like the Superman logo sideways that obviously has something to do with the Clark Kent alias. Check it out:

ml-sound-lab-logo-7.jpg

And the letters:

ml-sound-lab-logo-7_letters.jpg

Opinions?
I find this first one far the best. It is recognisable and you need something simple for a logo.

Back
Top Bottom