• Option #2

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Option #3

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Option #4

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
This is a good idea.

I also like your profile icon. That's actually it, really. Or, have two branding items.

However you could insert #2 inside one of the voids in #1 and double identify.[/QUOTE]

Odd man out here, but I like #1 the best. Simple, but communicates the "Sound Lab" concept very clearly to me. Although the guitar shape is familiar, the fact that it's also a flask really makes it stand out as a unique image. As much as you identify with the "ML" part of your branding, I suspect the public will be more focused on the "Sound Lab" part, and the guitar flask sends that message home to me.

The graphic for #2 is strong, but it doesn't really speak to me. It gives no indication of what the brand relates to, either.

Whichever logo you end up using, best of success in your new venture. :encouragement:

I gave my vote to the #1.
The #2 is strong, but difficult to correlate it with anything related to guitar industry. (I know, a logo is just a name and must not absolutely describe the product itself)

I like the idea of your avatar with another logo, maybe you could use this as "frame" (in the future) for different "products".
In this context i would go with the waveform logo 4.

As a logo itself (without frame) #6 is very catchy for me.
Personally i wouldn't try to involve initials at all costs

#2 & #5 by far look the most professional to me and have the most flexibility. #1 looks like a stomach with fluid sloshing around in it, lol. #4 looks cool, but is way to close to Waves logo. Don't like #3 at all.

From the graphic designer's point of view - option #2 without any doubt and hesitations.

This one is strong because the shape is recognizable/rememberable and symmetric so even if you look at it upside down it looks exactly the same.
An ambigram. Beware folks, he's an Illuminatus! :lol

Thank you guys for all the feedback! I wasn't actually expecting this much interest, this makes me very glad I posted these options. :) Obviously there is no "one design" that everyone will like/prefer but so far it seems like #2 is being favored by the majority. Thanks once again! :)

The first one has something more unique, the second one looks like the "Wolfenstein"-Logo, the 3rd is a little to abstract and has similarities to a certain film company (forgot it's name). The fourth one looks almost exactly like the "Waves-Logo".....by using this, you could get some problems...

Cheerioo,
Andy from Red Bull Country
Graphical designer (daily job)

The first one has something more unique, the second one looks like the "Wolfenstein"-Logo, the 3rd is a little to abstract and has similarities to a certain film company (forgot it's name). The fourth one looks almost exactly like the "Waves-Logo".....by using this, you could get some problems...

Cheerioo,
Andy from Red Bull Country
Graphical designer (daily job)

Andy... you wanna help me out? :lol

Vote for #5 (over #2). Outline the "L" wee see in the "M" and you`re there :) Personally iwould take care about, that Logos work (also) in 2D. Makes business cards 2cents cheaper ... hihi :) I`m a fan of "form follows function" and colors should outline content. Or as we say front of house: Mono wins ... :mrgreen

So I tried this and I think I found something that I'm really happy with. It kind of surprised me that when I cut it into 2D I end up with a shape that includes letters M, L, S and L again. (ML Sound Lab) And not only that but it's almost like the Superman logo sideways that obviously has something to do with the Clark Kent alias. Check it out:

ml-sound-lab-logo-7.jpg

And the letters:

ml-sound-lab-logo-7_letters.jpg

So far this one feels "right" in many ways. The Superman connection and finding all the letters in the shape. How can you beat that?

The only problem I found was that a reverse image search gave me a company logo that is quite similar. But it's not identical so I guess I'm safe. :)

Opinions?

Only think I want to add to the discussion ,if not mentioned before... Better a monochrome logo . All the logos ade nice but people remember shapes...reale hard to remember colour sequencies ... A good shape need no colors [emoji6]

Only think I want to add to the discussion ,if not mentioned before... Better a monochrome logo . All the logos ade nice but people remember shapes...reale hard to remember colour sequencies ... A good shape need no colors [emoji6]

You are correct. Actually all of these were black and white in the beginning but I wanted to add color to show different use cases. :)

Back
Top Bottom