• Option #3

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Option #4

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
In case someone missed it I will soon stop using the alias "Clark Kent". Cliff and Matt together named me and my IRs ML Sound Lab (ML = my real initials) and from now on forward all of my IRs will be released under that name.

So since things are getting bigger and I have plans to start doing more (more on that later) I need to create branding for ML Sound Lab. I've created some designs and I can't decide which of these I like the most so I'd love to hear some opinions.

Option #1: Is essentially a flask in an LP shape. Guitar. Lab. The logo explains what I'm doing. :)

ml-sound-lab-logo-2.jpg

Option #2: Is a "cool" flash/soundwave that spells ML. This one is strong because the shape is recognizable/rememberable and symmetric so even if you look at it upside down it looks exactly the same.

ml-sound-lab-logo-4.jpg

Option #3: Is a "house" with a flask inside so essentially a lab. The outside walls spell M for Mikko.

ml-sound-lab-logo-1.jpg

Option #4: Is a waveform of an IR if you zoom in close. If you use your imagination a bit you can notice that it's actually ML in handwriting.

ml-sound-lab-logo-3.jpg

Take a vote and please comment on your thoughts. I will choose the logo based on people's input. :)

3 grabbed my attention the best. I like the concept overall.

2 and 4 are a little too abstract, and without context or explanation could be applied to just about anything. However, if I had to choose between those two, #2 would get my vote. It's a little easier to see the "ML" you were going for, but again, I had context to know what to look for.

1 is a little too generic for me.

4 was my favourite but looks too close to Waves' logo so I went with my second favourite which was #3. I like a logo that's a touch agnostic about what you do, so not tying it to a guitar shape is preferable. Who knows where you'll go with this company as the future unfolds?

All 4 are good. I do think it was wise to stay from anything relating to your forum handle. There might be a trademark issue there...

Have to go with 2. 4 next.

2 is clean and eye catching. 1 would be a close second.
3 and 4 - most people will not get it. 3 looks like you are making a bomb in the house.

4 was my favourite but looks too close to Waves' logo so I went with my second favourite which was #3. I like a logo that's a touch agnostic about what you do, so not tying it to a guitar shape is preferable. Who knows where you'll go with this company as the future unfolds?

Well you pretty much said everything I've been thinking about. The fourth one is very similar to Waves and that's why I don't like it although it would be awesome to have an IR in the logo. However like you said my future could take me many places.. even outside IRs. :) My fiance really liked #1 but I tried to explain it to her that a guitar shape might seem cooler to someone who's not a guitarist. Us guitarists see that shape everywhere and it's very generic and overused.

#2 is IMO really good because it can be turned into so many things and it has the ML in it and it's also a sound wave. A friend of mine called it a glitchy heartbeat which I really liked. I've been getting a Harry Potter vibe from it though. But essentially I think it's the "coolest" one of the bunch. The issue I have with this is that it could be a logo for anything if you don't see it as a sound wave.

#3 was my first design and it has deeper meanings that people definitely don't get by looking at it. It's got a lot of geometrical symmetry which is really important to me and my thought process in general. (I was always really good in math.) It's got a perfect hexagon and ellipse around it's center point. The M shape is like a roman helmet so it feels like the logo is looking at you so it kind of locks your eyes into it... the main problem I have with it is that I'm really tired of seeing flasks everywhere. :lol

Don't just settle on these (if not #2). You have some great starting points.

My logo is super simple: the outline of part of the body of a classical guitar. Hey, the swoosh worked for Nike!

3 doesn't sit well for me ..... think it's the mixing of the 3D look shading of the frame with the 2D look of the centre ... and I think the centre vector looks out of proportion. If the flask was 3D rendered and tilted forward slightly so the opening of the neck was apparent .... dunno .... but I'd still like 2 better ... it just has energy and it will scale up or down pretty good ... and it will be less painful than at least 2 of the others when you get the tattoo done :lol

Don't just settle on these (if not #2). You have some great starting points.

My logo is super simple: the outline of part of the body of a classical guitar. Hey, the swoosh worked for Nike!

I have one idea that's still kind of taking form. I'll try and post it here when it's ready. :) Thanks for the input! And yes I'm also a fan of "less is more".

3 doesn't sit well for me ..... think it's the mixing of the 3D look shading of the frame with the 2D look of the centre ... and I think the centre vector looks out of proportion. If the flask was 3D rendered and tilted forward slightly so the opening of the neck was apparent .... dunno .... but I'd still like 2 better ... it just has energy and it will scale up or down pretty good ... and it will be less painful than at least 2 of the others when you get the tattoo done :lol

Yeah I know what you mean. It's part of the reason why I don't like it personally. There are just so many flask logos surrounding the Axe-Fx already that I would love to take this to another direction. :)

That second one does look like a tattoo! :lol

This post will completely ruin this poll but based on the feedback I wanted to pursue this one more idea I was having. Essentially it's a geometrical design once again.

Option #5: Is an M that's kind of like two mountains I guess. I REALLY like the design a lot but there's no real story behind this one. You can maybe see an L-ish shape from the crossing line and the bottom line. I think I've seen a W that was done like this and that's kind of where I got the idea.

ml-sound-lab-logo-5.jpg

Option #6: BIOHAZARD!!! The same idea as in the one above but a triangle shape so you can look at the logo from three directions and it'll look the same. The bottom loop was supposed to be the "L" but once again you need imagination for that. Actually if your imagination is good enough you can find all letters from ML Sound Lab within this shape. :D

ml-sound-lab-logo-6.jpg

if it was me, I would keep the image you have in your avatar but replace the fractal symbol with one of the ones you have posted. I like the guitar/flask one, but I don't think it really matters which one you pick, since the "clark kent" logo is very recognizable and familiar to anyone that already knows your work. and I think it would be fine even though you wont be using the Clark Kent alias. to me, that image already means awesome lol, no sense in fixing it if it aint broke.

just my 2 cents

if it was me, I would keep the image you have in your avatar but replace the fractal symbol with one of the ones you have posted. I like the guitar/flask one, but I don't think it really matters which one you pick, since the "clark kent" logo is very recognizable and familiar to anyone that already knows your work. and I think it would be fine even though you wont be using the Clark Kent alias. to me, that image already means awesome lol, no sense in fixing it if it aint broke.

just my 2 cents

That's a really good idea. Thanks for the input! :)

Vote for #5 (over #2). Outline the "L" wee see in the "M" and you`re there :) Personally iwould take care about, that Logos work (also) in 2D. Makes business cards 2cents cheaper ... hihi :) I`m a fan of "form follows function" and colors should outline content. Or as we say front of house: Mono wins ... :mrgreen

Last edited:
Vote for #5 (over #2). Outline the "L" wee see in the "M" and you`re there :) Personally iwould take care about, that Logos work (also) in 2D. Makes business cards 2cents cheaper ... hihi :) I`m a fan of "form follows function" and colors should outline content. Or as we say front of house: Mono wins ... :mrgreen

That's the strongest one for me too at the moment! :)

Oh boy... talk about everything's been invented already. I did a reverse image search for some of these and yup... they've all been done. :D

This one was crazy close and it's for Mensa:

mensa-logo.gif

#4. To me, it is the only one I could see in a professional context. The others look amateur (no offense to whoever created them).

Sent from Moto X

#3 was my first design and it has deeper meanings that people definitely don't get by looking at it. It's got a lot of geometrical symmetry which is really important to me and my thought process in general. (I was always really good in math.) It's got a perfect hexagon and ellipse around it's center point. The M shape is like a roman helmet so it feels like the logo is looking at you so it kind of locks your eyes into it... the main problem I have with it is that I'm really tired of seeing flasks everywhere. :lol

Like, how could you not go with #3 now! What about losing the flask? The design might still stand well without it.

Back
Top Bottom