Need urgent help with a recording situation

Cem

Experienced
Hello there,

I'm having a little bit confusion, and have no time to manually solve it by searching, and tryhard. "Normally I do :("

So, I'm in a situation that I will record Output 2 to a poweramp to a Cab by Mic'ing it and Output 1 XLRS to direct to the desk. I'm doing it for a professional-like comparison, will post sound clips asap.

I want the signal that I'm sending to the poweramp ( EHX Magnum 44) to have the "poweramp simulation ON" (It doesn't sound as good otherwise) but "Cabinet simulation OFF"

So the chain is like,

AMP - REVERB (I want to record reverb from the Cab also) - FXLoop - Cabinet.

Which parameters should I set from I/O Menu for this situation? That aren't normally used, please tell me the steps that I should follow. For Example: What will I Echo output2? I'm guessing the input 1?

And I will use Cabinet block, Stereo UR, and hard pan LEFT and right, in order to have 2 different sounding Cabinets direct. Is panning them hard left and right enough? Since I have the reverb running block before cabinet.

Thanks in advance!

Do it the following way. Output 1 goes direct with the cab simulation. Output 2 goes to power amp and cabinet. Effects will go to both. Otherwise if you want effects only to output 1 then add after branch to effects loop.

axe-edit.jpg

You do not need to do much of anything. Do not use Echo.

just go amp-rev-fx loop-cabinet

That will send a signal w/o cab emulation to the EHX (through the fx looP) and pass a signal to the cab sim and out output 1.

If you do not have anything plugged in to input 2 the signal from the input of the fx loop block is passed to the next block and out of output 2. I hope that makes sense.

Do it the following way. Output 1 goes direct with the cab simulation. Output 2 goes to power amp and cabinet.

attachment.php

You can also put the fx loop in line and not branch off to a new row.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cem

That will send a signal w/o cab emulation to the EHX (through the fx looP) and pass a signal to the cab sim and out output 1.

If you do not have anything plugged in to input 2 the signal from the input of the fx loop block is passed to the next block and out of output 2. I hope that makes sense.

So without cab emulation, but with poweramp emulation right?

And set output 2 echo to "none".

But doesn't putting FX loop block deactivate the poweramp simulation?

And how should I do the settings of I/O menu?

No poweramp simulation is not deactivated. Leave the IO settings at default (you could set out 2 mode to copy l-R but it is not necessary) and use out 2 L.

Matrix power amps should generally have poweramp simulation on.

Oh Cool. So I don't touch anything on the FX Loop block, just set, put it there.

I echo nothing also. I just put the TS cable to Output 2 L, and set the volume from front panel Output LEVEL.

And use the XLRs as normal, Left xlr for left cab, right xlr for right cabinet.

Am I missing anything?

So how are people getting poweramp simulation "OFF" for their Matrix poweramps but "ON" for their FoH IR usage?

If you want poweramp simulation on with one output and off with another, you need to use 2 amps.

Oh Cool. So I don't touch anything on the FX Loop block, just set, put it there.

I echo nothing also. I just put the TS cable to Output 2 L, and set the volume from front panel Output LEVEL.

And use the XLRs as normal, Left xlr for left cab, right xlr for right cabinet.

Am I missing anything?

That sounds right.

I just read this in the manual yesterday. when i was messing around with my EHX Pitch fork. Axe-FX is amazing.

I actually learned that placing the fx loop directly in line is okay from this thread. I had always placed it to the side in the past. Thanks Sean!!

If you want poweramp simulation on with one output and off with another, you need to use 2 amps.

Hi javajunkie,
i can't find where turn off the power amp simulation directly in the AMP block,i need, if it's possible, turn off or on power amp simulation directly in amp block and NOT in global settings.

Tnx in advance ;)

Back
Top Bottom