Need some help with IR Capture

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
Will a THD Hotplate line out work with a Marshall Plexi (with no fx loop) for the mic+DI method, or do I need to buy a DI box.
If I need a DI box, what kind of DI box do you suggest?

I tried both methods and I can't get the mic method or mic + DI method to work right. The ir captures are way quieter than factory irs and don't sound at all like the miked cab.

Last edited:
I tried it first with just the mic only method using output 4L to the input of my Plexi and the output of my mixer with the mic to input 2L. It worked, but the ir is only about 1/10th as loud as the factory irs. What did I do wrong?

Next I tried it with the mic + DI method. It was a little louder, but no where near as loud as a factory cab, and didn't sound anything at all like the miked cab.

I used a Shure SM57 about an inch from the speaker, half way between the center and the outer edge of the speaker which should have sounded ok, but it was real thin and pitiful sounding. I used the line out of a THD Hot Plate for the DI.

Last edited:
I need some help with IR capture. Can any of you answer these questions?

Will a THD Hotplate line out work with a Marshall Plexi (with no fx loop) for the mic+DI method, or do I need to buy a DI box.
If I need a DI box, what kind of DI box do you suggest?

I tried both methods and I can't get the mic method or mic + DI method to work right. The ir captures are way quieter than factory irs and don't sound at all like the miked cab.

Why are the captured irs so much quieter than the factory irs?

I'm sorry if I sound like a moron, but, I have the celestion IR collection in WAV. form.
is there an way to convert them to sysex files so I can then load them into my FM3?

Back
Top Bottom