Importing Wave IR Files

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Edit's Axe-Manage Cabs has the functionality to import .wav files.

Simply drag-and-drop any number of .wav files into the Browser pane to allow Axe-Manage to convert them. From the Browser pane you can now either Auto-Audition the files to a Scratchpad or drag from the Browser pane to a User cab slot.

To show or hide the Browser pane in Axe-Manage click on the Browser menu at the top-left of Axe-Manage and choose "Show / Hide". Or use the key sequence CTRL+B (Windows) or CMD+B (Mac).

got it! Does this have to be done one by one or is there a keyboard shortcut to drag multiple .wav files into user slots? (typical alt+drag or cmd+ drag didn't work)

got it! Does this have to be done one by one or is there a keyboard shortcut to drag multiple .wav files into user slots? (typical alt+drag or cmd+ drag didn't work)
Simply drag-and-drop any number of .wav files into the Browser pane to allow Axe-Manage to convert them.

While I have not used this function, I have done similar things in Axe Manage Cabs.

Use whatever mechanism your OS supports to multi-select items (Windows uses shift-click or ctrl-click, depending on how you are trying to select). Then drag (no "special" drag) to the 1st slot... Everything will go from the 1st slot in sequence.

I think I’ve caused some confusion in my question. I drag the whole folder over to the browser pane. It then converts the bundle of Wav files. Getting them after that into user slots. That’s my issue. Seems to need to be done one at a time. I’d like to grab the whole lot of them and drag them to the right (where the empty user slots arE). This happens even when they’re all highlighted in the browser pane.

I think I’ve caused some confusion in my question. I drag the whole folder over to the browser pane. It then converts the bundle of Wav files. Getting them after that into user slots. That’s my issue. Seems to need to be done one at a time. I’d like to grab the whole lot of them and drag them to the right (where the empty user slots arE). This happens even when they’re all highlighted in the browser pane.
Select them all in the browser pane and drag them to the 1st slot you want to use... My reply above is about exactly that.

I bought the Celestion IR Pack for the Axe 8 and XL a few months ago. So now for the AXE III, what is the most elegant way to handle them.
Conversion with CAB LAB Lite (Fractal Link) or AXE- MANAGE CABS and WAV Files (SAMPLE RATE?)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-14 um 20.48.05.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-14 um 20.48.05.png
    633 KB · Views: 95
Thanks Cliff & Co.,

Just a couple of clarifications:
  • I assume it will automatically convert them during import and that it will automatically select the highest/best Fractal native format (UltraRes I think), yes?
  • What file format requirements are there, i.e. does the .wav file have to be 24-bit/48kHz for example?
And a feature request...
  • It would be nice to just be able audition right from finder/windows explorer and scroll through quickly with the arrow keys.

The bit about how to find the browser helped, thanks! Really enjoying my freshly-imported Weber Blue IRs that I use all the time in Logic.

I picked the 48k sample for each, and it shows up in purple, which I read elsewhere means hi-resolution. :)

Ahh. I was struggling with this last night. It was because the browser was hidden. Hopefully, this will help the next guy that can’t figure out why their cabs aren’t loading.

Thank you this was the problem for me. I kept importing folders but never saw them appear, until I hit Show Browser from the pull down. Thanks

I know this is a really stupid question, but how do I import these presets and get them to work? I finally got one loaded up, saved it but it does not have any sound. All the other presets work. My FXIII is up to date with latest software and firmware. I also have a bunch of cab packs I purchased for my FX II XL+.... Will those work with the FXIII?

Sorry if I'm off topic here... my apologies for not knowing about this stuff yet. Still learning how to use it.

I know this is a really stupid question, but how do I import these presets and get them to work? I finally got one loaded up, saved it but it does not have any sound. All the other presets work. My FXIII is up to date with latest software and firmware. I also have a bunch of cab packs I purchased for my FX II XL+.... Will those work with the FXIII?

Sorry if I'm off topic here... my apologies for not knowing about this stuff yet. Still learning how to use it.
What presets? This thread is about loading IRs.

Please create a new thread about the issue you're having. Provide details and you'll get some help.

Is there an update to this process, perhaps? I got an IR pack for acoustic guitar recently and I'm only being able to load one IR at a time through the Cab Manager. I get an error message when trying to load multiples.

All Fractal software is current on my gear.

Back
Top Bottom