Need recommendation - MFC and 3 mission pedals

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
I'm looking for a commercial off the shelf solution for the proper mounting of my MFC-101 and the three mission expression pedals I picked up at AF2. Any suggestions?

I use a PedalTrain Pro and use velcro. Easy - peasy, been using it and rolling this way (600+ gigs) over the years now with no issues.

I run 3 Mission Engineering pedals, their little Expression box/dial and the MFC.

Go to toursupply.com
Great outfit, they even sell the Axe to touring pros. I think that apart from Tone Merchants, they're the only other retailers for the Axe FX.
They have super simple boards that are perfect and cheap. Bought one there 18 months ago and been gigging daily with it.
They also have a cool case for it if you want to travel with it. Fits my MFC, 2 Mission pedals and one big FV500 for volume.

Edit: These guys deal with touring pros. If you deal with them, please be professional.

Last edited:
I use a PedalTrain Pro and use velcro. Easy - peasy, been using it and rolling this way (600+ gigs) over the years now with no issues.

I run 3 Mission Engineering pedals, their little Expression box/dial and the MFC.

Hi Scott - Can't wait to get a setup like this :encouragement: I have a few years of Line 6 experience. But, I am still a GREEN Fractalite :)

I'm on the list for an MFC, and plan to pick up some Mission pedals between now and when the Mark III becomes available. So I want to start imagining how to designing presets and blocks effectively.

E.g., I was wondering if you think it would be practical to use expression pedals for the following:

- to adjust the delay time to match the drummer's tempo changes on the spot or maybe it is much more practical to just keep using the tap switch.

- to change the delay mix/level from 10% to a denser delay mix/level to end off some of my solos - think Mike Stern when he ends certain high energy solos in a cloud of delay for echoing prior runs while he moves to the next run, etc., and then letting the delay decay over long sustaining notes - maybe an increase in reverb level is part of that. I do not know.

- to change the blend ratio between stereo cabs to fade between the different tonal colorations of different cab sims in real time (e.g., fade between the coloration of, say, a #20 2x12 Brit cab and a #131 Uber T75+V30 (V9) cab). I have no idea if this is possible and I am guessing that this may create level problems in the output.

Or maybe it would be much more practical to handle some of these parameters with scenes rather than expression pedals.

Can you share your insight or point us to the appropriate thread or resources on this expression pedal topic?

Thanks Scott!

EDIT: thanks for posting the "Taming the Monster - Series and Parallel Routing" video today. It made things like the mix law, setting levels, summing effects (and how to avoid them) much clearer for me! Now I have a starting point for adding expression pedals to my presets.

Last edited:
I just made my own. Bought a piece of thin plywood at home depot, along with the plates and screws and handles, got the vinyl wrap from fabric land, and used industrial Velcro tape on the plates and the MFC+pedals to hold them down.

You can't really see it but I also bought a 2x2 square of tile carpet and attached it on the bottom so the board doesn't slide around.

Obviously I could have spent more time and money, but this board cost me under $100 to make myself.

I have an Oddesey Pedalboard got for a nice price at amazon... Finishing touches this week but it looks something like this IMG_2125.JPG. I will post better pictures. I like it better than the Pedaltrain and the case is absolutley amazing, although heavy... but it has wheels, so I pitt all my stuff (Cables for MFC and guitar, etc...) in this case and my rack is quite light.

I just made my own. Bought a piece of thin plywood at home depot, along with the plates and screws and handles, got the vinyl wrap from fabric land, and used industrial Velcro tape on the plates and the MFC+pedals to hold them down.

You can't really see it but I also bought a 2x2 square of tile carpet and attached it on the bottom so the board doesn't slide around.

Obviously I could have spent more time and money, but this board cost me under $100 to make myself.

Nice work. I'm not looking to put any actual time and effort into this. Turn-key, plug-and-play is what I have time for.

Exactly. But then I saw the board from toursupply.com and at $65.00 plus $15.00 shipping, I would have been a fool to spend hours doing it myself. The board arrived and was everything I needed.

Exactly. But then I saw the board from toursupply.com and at $65.00 plus $15.00 shipping, I would have been a fool to spend hours doing it myself. The board arrived and was everything I needed.

Yea well TBH I searched and looked at lots of pedal boards online, even custom shops that wanted near $400 for what I built @ $100.... and I also originally bought the pedal train that Scott posted, as my bass player uses one and recommended it, but I didn't like it, because with the added height it sits too high off the ground for me, and the spaces between the bars I just couldn't get the MFC + Pedals to sit on there properly. Another problem I found, was most of these either don't come with a case or the case is too small (height) once you get the MFC + Misson pedals on the board, or they just charge you way too much for the "additional" case, or worst of all, the case is simply a soft shell bag (pedal train). I want a case that I don't have to slide it in/out so it won't get scratched up.

While That Toursupply one looks to be a good deal, the largest one is only 21" long, where if you have 3 mission pedals and the MFC you need minimum 28" to fit them. Also, while the 21" board is only $55.00, it's just a board with handles. Add to that, the case for it is another $165.00 + Shipping.

FYI it took me all of an hour shopping and all of a another hour to assemble my own and it's built exactly how I want it. I also built my own case out of the same 3/8ths high quality pine plywood that fits perfectly. It's worth mentioning, I had all the wood cut @ homedepot on their wall saw so it's 100% straight, square, and perfectly measured and no labor on my part other than carrying out of the store and assembling at home with some screws and a drill and some Velcro tape.

I understand some guys can't be bothered and just want to buy one and be done. I would have done this too if I found one that satisfied my needs and was reasonably priced.

What's the Morley thing and what does it do for you?

it's an A/B box so I can have 2 guitars plugged in at the same time, then just hit the selector switch to choose.
If I broke a string (usually during a solo with my whammy bar, which would make all strings go out of tune) I'd just strap on another guitar and step on the switch so it would be a quick/silent transition.
Because I don't have a guitar tech (yet) :)

Back
Top Bottom