Need MFC help ASAP ...

PaulC

Inspired
I have a gig in 2 hours, setup as usual and the MFC 101 is not working. Just bought a new Ethernet cable and no go.

I know this may be in the wrong area but I need ideas fast. Has anyone had this? Is there a setting in the axe fx 2 I missed? Anything??

No, no power, nothing. I think the replacement cable I bought was wrong, not a goo fit. Said cat5e on the package.

Try wiggling it around and pushing it in until you hear it snap in. They sometimes take some work to get in correctly.

Just got another cat 5e cable, this one fits perfect and snaps in both the axe and MFC,? Still nothing...

I am going to try to find a 9v power supply but if that doesn't work then I play all night with one tone. Can't reach over and adjust directly on the axe with the stage setup.

I used a 9v adapter for power and the MFC comes on and works with the Ethernet cable. Looks like either the axe is not providing power through Ethernet now, or the MFC is not taking it. Hopefully it works through the gig.

Thanks for listening and the suggestions. I will have to contact support and see what they say to do.

Regardless of the challenges i have dialing in tones and this current stress, I still wouldn't trade my axe for another solution. These things can be worked out. :)

Let us know how it goes. At least you got it powered up. I feel your stress but hang in there. The show must go on.

Just got another cat 5e cable, this one fits perfect and snaps in both the axe and MFC,? Still nothing...
Probably not the root of your issue but when I got a new Cat5 cable from bestronics, the sleeve around the RJ45 plug was a wee bit long and kept it from seating correctly. As a result, my MFC wasn't powering up. Pulling the sleeve back a millimeter or so did the trick so the plug would seat completely. Of course now I run an ethercon cable from my rack to the floorboard. :D

Back
Top Bottom