Need help re-creating a crazy pitch-drop

SockPuppet

Inspired
Hey Y'all! :)

I was playing around with the whammy bar as I was recording and ended up with this crazy pitch drop. I'm trying to recreate it in the Axe-FX (since I'm not playing a guitar with a whammy bar live) but I can't seem to wrap my head around how to recreate a similar effect - I'm not getting anywhere close with using the expression pedal and dropping it an octave down :( i've seen some threads that kind of covered this topic, but I've unfortunately hit a dead end.

If anyone wants to help out it would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh by the way, if anyone wants to hear how the entire EP turned out I'll gladly upload it.

All the best,

Sock

In my presets (see SIG) there's a Lonley Boy preset, which does this with an exp. pedal.

Set the Pitch block to Whammy, 1 (or 2) octave down, attach the pedal/ext.controller to Control, set Damping to a high value (like 400 or so).
Push the pedal to activate the Pitch and have the pitch drop automatically and gradually.

This should work yek! Thank you so much for your help! :)
I do still notice that the auto engage bypasses the pitch block early if I drop the exp slowly on high notes. (it kind of jumps to the original pitch instead of slowly fading in) But its not really noticeable while doing it on the lower notes.

remember that an expression pedal will bypass the pitch block as it crosses 50%, so adjust the curve where you have it attached to bypass accordingly

in fact, this sort of effect is much better achieved with a momentary switch. the pitch block is activated while your foot is on the pedal and bypassed immediately when you take your foot off. the pitch drop is initiated by the same switch. you can then make the drop as long or as short as you like

in fact, this sort of effect is much better achieved with a momentary switch.

Yeah I ended up doing that. I also found that using the envelope filter could create some interesting effects, the problem is that its kind of hard to predict how it will react :p

Thank you so much for your help guys, you really saved me a lot of time and frustration!

Back
Top Bottom