Need help: Pickup resonance

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I put a Classic 57 humbuckers in my guitar and i love the tone, but there is a whistling resonance frequency in the middle pickup position arount 5-7 fret on a high E string.

Individual neck and bridge pickups sound fine, but the problem occours in the middle position.

Is there a way to fix this on the guitar itself without using an EQ? Tried Eq it, but the tone gets muddy if i remove the offending frequency and eq also affects other pickup positions which is not needed.

Hard to say because it is difficult to write about what a tone sounds like. My guess is that you have one of the pickups out of phase. Maybe try swapping the phase on one of them.

I was wrong its not the pickups, its the guitar. Its just more noticeable in middle pickup position. It is something with the first string.
I suspect its the nut or some fret that is causing this high overtone.

I was wrong its not the pickups, its the guitar. Its just more noticeable in middle pickup position. It is something with the first string.
I suspect its the nut or some fret that is causing this high overtone.
Could be a high fret.

I have a guitar with this issue on the 12th fret... There's an odd resonance when fretting at the 11th fret or sliding into the 12th.

I bought an inexpensive "fret rocker" tool on Amazon and confirmed it.

Taking it to a Luther soon.

If its only 1st string can it still be a faulty fret?
I guess i will have to take it to the luthier.

Back
Top Bottom