Need Help Controlling MultiDelay ON/OFF

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
i'm using 2 IA switches for delay setup for Delay 1 and Delay 2. Since I plan on only using delay 2 OR multidelay in a single patch it would be helpful if I could use the same switch and maintain LED indication of status. In the I/O menu/CTRL i assigned multidelay to #48 (same as delay 2, remember I'm using one or the other not both) but it doesn't work as I expected. It doesn't turn multidelay on/off. Is there a way to do this and keep the LED indicator?

BTW, i used this method to combine chorus/quad chorus and comp/multi comp and it works just fine. why not with multidelay?

Add an effect that you won't us, such as VOL4 or FILTER4 (set to NULL), to your presets. Let's called in block X.
The block doesn't have to be connected to anything.

In I/O > CTRL change the CCs of DELAY2 and MUTILDELAY1 to the CC of block X.

Make sure the bypass state of block X, DELAY2 and MULTIDELAY1 are the same.

Assign a switch on the MFC to block X.

That's it.

This idea came from M@.

YEAH, that's awesome THX!!! just curious, do we know why this won't work with Delay 2 and MultiDelay? very grateful for the tip!

Last edited:
It should work with the switch assigned to any block. That block has to be in the preset or the MFC will disable the switch. The reasons for suggesting vol/pan or filter are low CPU use and number of instances available.

Guesses for your chorus & comp examples: switch-assigned block was still present, or you removed it and tested without reloading the preset.

Back
Top Bottom