Need a hand identifying an EMI/noise issue

Those are all about stopping noise at its source...

Ahh ok, well I just thought it might be a different approach because there name are ¨EMI Absorbers¨ and not a ¨shield¨ to block the EMI signals :anonymous:

Ahh ok, well I just thought it might be a different approach because there name are ¨EMI Absorbers¨ and not t a ¨shield¨ to block the EMI signals :anonymous:
Yeah, they do make it sound like you can just set 'em out and they'll absorb EMI. Sadly, radio signals just don't work like that.

Looks like this hasn't been solved and there isn't much hope for us other with the same problems :(
I'm not sure how you reached those conclusions. All we know for sure is that the OP hasn't responded in this thread in a long time. And you can't really take one person's results (which we don't know) and conclude that everyone else will have the same results. Anyway, you don't have to wait for a solution to the OP's problem before you ask for help with your own. :)

Just updating this, since I know people are clearly losing sleep over it.

I just had two electricians here, and the foreman said "This is the weirdest thing I've seen in 35 years of doing this".

My house ground is good, panels are good, no floating neutral. We went through the house and unplugged _everything_. Fridge, oven, dryer, microwave, my rechargable "Dancin' Cliff' bobblehead with kung-fu grip... You name it, it was unplugged.

Then, the electricians yanked the electrical meter outside, so that there was no juice at all flowing into my house from the pole.

The result? The Noise Of Doom is still there. If I hold a guitar (any guitar) up to the wiring, run into a battery powered amp, noise galore. So my wiring is still putting out some kind of EMI/RFI, even when it's completely disconnected from the pole with nothing plugged in that could be backfeeding into the electrical system inside the house.

It's comical at this point, but the good news is that the electrician was so stumped, he didn't even charge me. :D

So now you know it's not power... as I said RF is a strange creature. What you need to help you hunt down the interfering freq is a spectrum analyser not an O scope. You said you had Cable TV? guess what... it carries RF. Just a thought here but if there is a lose fitting inside or cracked distribution cable outside it could possibly be radiating FR. A call to the cable company and they can send out a tech to look for it. Again a Spectrum analyser would be the best tool to find your issue.

Back
Top Bottom