Neal Schon tone?? Am I crazy?

Attached a couple of presets I've been working with, and here are some rough sound clips. I'm using an Ibanez RG on the neck pickup (DiMarzio/Ibz), which is fairly hot.

For the vibrato verb preset I tried to work with Vinai's original settings (started by resetting the amp block and went from there). It's probably closer to his original sound than the double verb version. I dialed back the reverb and delay quite a bit in both versions. Not sure if that is just my ear or if it has to do with differences in the firmware versions (understand delay mix law changed, but Vinai had it in parallel). Listening back the recordings now both sound probably too bright to me, but I have trouble dialing the low end in right on Fender style amps. Definitely interested to hear if anyone has any other tips. I will try the FAS Lead next...

Attachments

• Big Moon Double Verb.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Big Moon Vibrato Verb.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 45
Attached a couple of presets I've been working with, and here are some rough sound clips.
Nice tones! Lovely playing.

Listening back the recordings now both sound probably too bright to me...
IMO, the stock IBZ pickups have a trebly thing going on that's difficult to dial out. It works a bit better on a basswood guitar like your RG than it does on a mahogany guitar like my 540. It's great for heavy modern tones, but I think it prevents those pickups from being the wonderful all-around pickups they could be.

Great work, the vibrato verb one is much closer. As I said before Vinai's Big Moon cover is one of my favourite Axe-fx tones of all time so thanks for posting the patches, I can't wait to try them both out.

Attached a couple of presets I've been working with, and here are some rough sound clips. I'm using an Ibanez RG on the neck pickup (DiMarzio/Ibz), which is fairly hot.

For the vibrato verb preset I tried to work with Vinai's original settings (started by resetting the amp block and went from there). It's probably closer to his original sound than the double verb version. I dialed back the reverb and delay quite a bit in both versions. Not sure if that is just my ear or if it has to do with differences in the firmware versions (understand delay mix law changed, but Vinai had it in parallel). Listening back the recordings now both sound probably too bright to me, but I have trouble dialing the low end in right on Fender style amps. Definitely interested to hear if anyone has any other tips. I will try the FAS Lead next...

thank you for sharing those presets,i like more the vibrato verb.

Back
Top Bottom