Name Timeout! Message

fudnoms

Hi there

I received my new axe fx 2 XL today with the MFC 101 mark 3 controller. I've connected with 2 separate Ethernet cables (both work fine with my Line 6 foot switch and line 6 rack) but I keep getting Name Timeout! message. The 17 light is also lit. It won't load or change any presets on the Axe Fx

I've gone through all the settings on the footswitch and also the Axe FX . The MFC port is set to Ethercon and Send real time sysex is All. MIDI channel is 1 (on the I/O page)

I've never used the axe fx before so maybe I've missed something but I don't think I have.

Any help appreciated!

On the XL:
IO->MIDI->MFC Port, it needs to be set to Ethercon.

On the MFC:
Midi->Port=Expansion
Setup->AxeFx Mode=XL

You already validated midi channel set to 1 on each side and send realtime sysex=all

If you went into the Tuner screen on XL you need to ensure you are on the first tab on the left, not being on the first tab will cause the timeout message as well.

If still no dice, you can try a factory reset on MFC. Just hold down IA#14 when Powering up the MFC... You will have to redo any settings you already changed on MFC.

Since you have a XL and MKIII you have FASLink which connects the two via XLR (so nice) . You could also try that ( make sure to change both XL and MKIII to FASLink ). I've had oddities or user error changing between Ethernet/FASLink so after changing the settings I recommend a power cycle.

Good luck!

On the XL:
IO->MIDI->MFC Port, it needs to be set to Ethercon.

On the MFC:
Midi->Port=Expansion
Setup->AxeFx Mode=XL

You already validated midi channel set to 1 on each side and send realtime sysex=all

If you went into the Tuner screen on XL you need to ensure you are on the first tab on the left, not being on the first tab will cause the timeout message as well.

If still no dice, you can try a factory reset on MFC. Just hold down IA#14 when Powering up the MFC... You will have to redo any settings you already changed on MFC.

Since you have a XL and MKIII you have FASLink which connects the two via XLR (so nice) . You could also try that ( make sure to change both XL and MKIII to FASLink ). I've had oddities or user error changing between Ethernet/FASLink so after changing the settings I recommend a power cycle.

Good luck!

Alright! The mfc was set to 2 not XL. Seems to have fixed the problem! Woohoo! Newbie error lol. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom