My wife got me a Mono m80 dual case with a tick bag. Whats your thought on them.

I've been using a Mono Dual for going on like 5+ years now as my main transportation mechanism for my guitars. It's always carrying my precious PRS and a backup. No worries. The bag looks barely used it's built so well.

It's great protection but not as great as hardshell case. You can't stack things on top of your guitars when they're in it. I tend to keep my case close, usually on my back, and it's the last thing in the car so it's on top of everything else.

IMHO, they are still way too proud of those... expensive. I can carry 2 cases, down around a hundo and I'm game.

No way I can do a single-load with hard cases. With the Mono it's on my back, rack in one hand, pedalboard bag in the other. Done. It's two trips with hard cases. City gigs are easy with the Mono.

While textiles have gone up with oil prices, good poly foam and nylon aren't that expensive. It should be easy to make a good case. Given the market isn't that large for this product, the price looks good.

Mono is the one bag manufacture that seems on par with my beloved Incase. I still prefer my Incase to my Mono (mainly because of how much I can fit in besides the guitar) but both are built to last. My Incase bag is going on ten years old and it still looks new.

I've had my Dual for ages, transporting a mix of PRS Custom 24, 513, Les Paul, Strats and Teles. Few marks here and there, but after three years it's still structurally sound. Would buy another in a heartbeat if I needed to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had a single for about 5 years now. Carrying a guitar around can be difficult for me. It is built well and served it's purpose admirably. Highly recommended.

Do any of you own one? are they as reliable as they say? and if you do have one how long have you had it?

Hey Scott,

Digging up an old thread, but I was going to get your opinion about the M80 dual case and the possibility of one of the guitar sides housing the Ax8? Thinking about buying one to carry a guitar in one side and the Ax8 (when I get it)/expression/cables etc for a grab and go solution when playing at different venues. Do you think this would be possible? Thanks!

I've used my dual to carry a guitar on one side and larger multifx on the other. It works fine. I'm sure I'll be doing the same if/when I get an AX8.

I'll add that one of the best things about the Mono is the zippers. This is where most cheaper bags fail.

I love the Dual case. It is a bit heavy when it's full, buts it's blown me away, with its durability. I imagine you could do that, put the ax8 where the other guitar goes. That's actually pretty smart thinking there. AX8 and a couple expression pedals and a wireless tucked up front in the pouch or the Tick bag which I have, might work.

I just checked. The Height might be an issue at 3 inches.

Thanks everyone, interested to see if it works for some of you. I would still have a board with other effects mixed in, but sometimes I don't need the full size rig when I play at some of our smaller campuses. If one you guys has a chance to give it try please post a pic!

Oh also one of my guitars is a Starplayer TV, so I don't know if the tremolo bar is a problem since Scott said its only 3" in height. Might have to see if that fits in my friends mono case before pulling the trigger someday.

Oh also one of my guitars is a Starplayer TV, so I don't know if the tremolo bar is a problem since Scott said its only 3" in height. Might have to see if that fits in my friends mono case before pulling the trigger someday.
You'll get it in there. It does stretch a bit. I have stupidly left my capo on the headstock a few times without issue.

I've been using mine for 3 years to gig. It has held up as well as my Incase gig bag. Highly recommended.

Just started using the Guitar Dual on our last gig, Scott. Loved it. Mono was giving away a Guitar Tick with them in December, but I bought one elsewhere before they had them back in stock. Heavy with two 513s in there, but not as bad as two PRS cases loaded!

Back
Top Bottom