My two favorite tricks i've found

I usually like a low-med gain amp.. with something like a BB / AC in front to push it into sweet breakup..
The drive blocks always leave me confused underwhelmed, and stressed out.. I can never dial in the exact tone I am looking for, there's always an issue with a weird mid bump I can't seem to tame, so I figured I'd look elsewhere.

My two new favorite things to do is take an amp right on the edge of breakup.. currently a deluxe tweed into F011: BludoMix.. drive at about 2.9..
1) saturation switch On! Then put that knob somewhere between 2&4..and it's like the drive pedal I was always hoping for.
2) Compressor block.. Effect type 'Dynamics" (an option I haven't even seen until tonight!?) - Crank the dynamics up to like 6..

These are beautiful subtle changes to just push the amp over the edge into to the exact tone I hear in my head. Gritty, saturated, articulate..
I'm glad I am figuring out how to make the Axe FX work for me and put my personal spin on the zillions of possibilities inside here.

Thanks Cliff, you beautiful man you

I'll post this patch if anyone's interested, it rocks hard but with some volume knob rollback, can be quite versatile.

Thanks for sharing these concepts and the preset of course. :)

For the life of me I never thought to turn the sat switch on, and then lower the drive knob to around 2. With a tweed amp and cab Im getting some really sweet tones. Thanks!

Who'd a thunk my little old thread would be the place cliff would drop a bomb like that! So stoked. I wonder if this offering will come with 1 or 2 new drive flavors perhaps. Woo

Sat switch??? Where is this sat switch in Axe Edit? I see it on the Axe FX display.. but not in Axe Edit.

Thanks
Pauly

Sat switch??? Where is this sat switch in Axe Edit? I see it on the Axe FX display.. but not in Axe Edit.

Thanks
Pauly

The last tab in the amp block. I think it's called "OTHER". You can control it with a scene modifier or a controller modifier and choose between OFF, Authentic or Ideal. Ideal usually boosts the signal and i use it frequently.

I like Cliff's "drop the Mic" approach to informing us about updates haha.

Me too!

Mic-Drop-Cliff_zps4yi14le3.jpg

Glad to hear this.

I have definite 'love/hate' with the drive pedals. As you expect, they work better with some amps as opposed to others; seemingly much better boosting a clean amp (yes, as you'd expect...dirt lessens the effect), but there is something that feels missing from some of them. Some top end glitter and cut through punch that I seem to miss. I fully accept that it might be just me.

I'll have another go at the Filter Block boost, but eagerly await the rework of the Drive block.

Back
Top Bottom