My Quick Guide to where to start with FW v.17

Scott Peterson whites in his guide:
"A wickedly simple and crazy useful utility now resides in the Utility button menu, tab over a few times to see it. Use the A button to change the level of your presets and have them all average at the 0 mark (which is really -20db) and allows for your boosts, etc and headroom so you never clip."

Could someone guide me to the A button. I can't seem to find it in either the display or Axe Edit. Sorry if it's in front of my face. TIA.

Scott Peterson whites in his guide:
"A wickedly simple and crazy useful utility now resides in the Utility button menu, tab over a few times to see it. Use the A button to change the level of your presets and have them all average at the 0 mark (which is really -20db) and allows for your boosts, etc and headroom so you never clip."

Could someone guide me to the A button. I can't seem to find it in either the display or Axe Edit. Sorry if it's in front of my face. TIA.

He is referring to the A knob [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scott,

Thanks for the quick start guide. Your recommendations for starter settings for the Preamp have been invaluable! I'm really liking the subtle warmness and liveliness this adds to the patches; sort of a magic sparkle effect - you don't "really" know it's on, 'til you turn it off. Diggin' it!

Merry Christmas!

Scott, you are the best! (you too Cliff of course)

I usually just download the new FW and carry without paying too much attention to anything new unless it messes with my presets - well, this cab thingy sure messed with my presets and I love it - I never would have tweaked this, or even looked at it most likely, if it weren't for this great tutorial.

Thanks Scott!

Thanks Scott, and Merry Christmas to all. So to adjust the meters you use the A knob. What volume control does the A know correlate to while doing this? In the AXE and or in the AXE-Edit?

Thanks Scott, and Merry Christmas to all. So to adjust the meters you use the A knob. What volume control does the A know correlate to while doing this? In the AXE and or in the AXE-Edit?

The "A" knob used there will control the Amp Output level from the Amp block. That's what I recommend as your overall level control almost exclusively.

Thanks, Scott. The thing that had me confused is - i was looking in Axe-Edit to see a knob move - when i adjust the A knob on the Axe the amp level changes on the LCD screen, but is not reflected in Axe-Edit. In order to see the change in amp level in Axe-Edit i have to close Axe-Edit and re-open it. However, when i adjust the amp output in Axe-Edit, it DOES change in the LCD screen. Not sure why this is, but i guess it's a minor thing. Thanks.

Thanks, Scott. The thing that had me confused is - i was looking in Axe-Edit to see a knob move - when i adjust the A knob on the Axe the amp level changes on the LCD screen, but is not reflected in Axe-Edit. In order to see the change in amp level in Axe-Edit i have to close Axe-Edit and re-open it. However, when i adjust the amp output in Axe-Edit, it DOES change in the LCD screen. Not sure why this is, but i guess it's a minor thing. Thanks.

Rule of thumb with Axe-Edit - if you touch the hardware and change something, you are not going to see it on Axe-Edit.

Either use the editor or use the hands-on; using both will not work until you hit "refresh" on the editor.

Best practice: pause the editor (click in the upper left corner) and make your changes; then when you click on the editor again ("unpause") it'll repoll the AFXII to see what you did.

Rule of thumb with Axe-Edit - if you touch the hardware and change something, you are not going to see it on Axe-Edit.

Either use the editor or use the hands-on; using both will not work until you hit "refresh" on the editor.

Best practice: pause the editor (click in the upper left corner) and make your changes; then when you click on the editor again ("unpause") it'll repoll the AFXII to see what you did.

The F8 key also pauses the editor - this or click the upper left corner. I usually use the F8.

Great thread,..thanks Scott!!! For all of us who are really busy working and playing and cannot keep up with all the new features on the axe these threads help prompt diving into new FW and applying all that Cliff and the team do for us! Thanks bro!

I experimented with the preamp feature in the CAB block.
I must be doing something wrong. Using the settings suggested, or various other settings, not hearing much difference.
Dunno.....what exactly does this do??
Sorry if ignorant inquiry.

I experimented with the preamp feature in the CAB block.
I must be doing something wrong. Using the settings suggested, or various other settings, not hearing much difference.
It's those KRKs. :)

When I upgraded from my Rokits to Event ASPs, I heard all sorts of stuff that was buried by the Rokits.

A little volume wouldn't hurt, either. It's especially noticeable in a mix.

Back
Top Bottom