My problem with the Atomic 50w Power "Kids Building" Block

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Am I the only one that thinks the Atomic 50 watt power block looks like a toy? Especially with it's size and the logo? When I saw the pictures that Misha posted I busted out laughing...

Front.jpg

How menacing can I really look on stage with my 4 year old's toy box on stage? The logo reminds me of some sort of anime logo... I did a search and came up with these...

Please give me something that doesn't look I just bought it from Toys 'R Us... Please!!!!

Re: My problem with the Atomic 50w Power "Kids Building" Blo

Would be better as a rackmount IMHO but I can understand the "boutiquey" look they're going for. Does look a bit simplistic in design though!

pls comment on the tone !! how is it?... with which cab you are using it?...

beurk...pink vador. :|

hellovader.jpg

it looks fine, im not going to be able to justify buying it until its stereo rackmountable but don't give a shit about the looks, if you don't like it place it behind your amp

Buy a Mesa Boogie Dummy head...

You got that look... and you'll probably sound way better than someone lugging around a Dual Rec. :)

I think what Mo is saying is he wants a cholo grill!!

The form factor of the MB-50 was determined by the chassis Atomic is currently using for the Powered Reactor Cab and Wedge.

The idea was to make Atomic’s 50w tube power section in the smallest form factor. While it’s not possible to rack the MB-50 in 2 spaces because of its height (even without the plywood shell), it is way smaller, lighter and much more portable than any rack power amp.

The fact that the MB-50 is standalone and doesn’t require a rack box makes it more versatile, accessible and easy to move. It is a perfect 1 handed grab to bring to a club along with a small rack or a floor processor, especially if there’s a backline cabinet provided. It also can be switched between a FR passive cabinet and traditional cabinet as part of an all analog or digital hybrid rig.

Sonically, I’ll put the MB-50 amp against anything out there regardless of the price and along with the right cabinet; it can keep up with the hardest hitting drummers around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpmuj5E_ ... r_embedded

If that’s not br00talz enough for you then I don’t know what to tell you. I can promise you that no one in that room was likening the MB-50 to a toy.

Tom King said:
I can promise you that no one in that room was likening the MB-50 to a toy.

:!: :twisted: :!: :shock:

mortega76 said:
How menacing can I really look on stage with my 4 year old's toy box on stage? The logo reminds me of some sort of anime logo...

I'd forget about the gear, and focus on making yourselves look menacing. Tell wardrobe to get you something for a look like this...

xrist04 said:
mortega76 said:
How menacing can I really look on stage with my 4 year old's toy box on stage? The logo reminds me of some sort of anime logo...

I'd forget about the gear, and focus on making yourselves look menacing. Tell wardrobe to get you something for a look like this...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love Duke Nukem!

You could put 2 of them on top of your full stack and it would look pretty BA.

The reason I went to a digital modeler in the first place was to eliminate the need for lugging around big, heavy, menacing equipment.

Back
Top Bottom