MY PRESETS FOR USE WITH FBT VERVE 12MA

VITCHPAT1

Hello there,

I am an Ultra owner since a month and half now. I have been surfing on this forum since day one in order to find help on how to master this thing and must admit that this is the best community that I have ever seen. I had of course a lot of difficulties to understand all tips as English is not my mother tongue. So please accept my apologies for my bad English.

As I am only using the Ultra to play on rehearsal and next month live with my progressive rock band I had to come up quickly with some sounds that will allow me to keep my place in the mix. In the band the other guitarist is playing on a Peavey 6505 and he have a nice and colourful collection of pedals. The peavey has a strong character and plenty of headroom. Unless to say that the first two rehearsals were a disaster for me but the situation have slightly improve.

I have tried first to modified some presets found on this forum and come up with a nice collection of sounds but nothing really consistent for used in a set. I have therefore tried to follow the advice of some of you on this forum. I have just pick up 2 amps: Brownface for clean sounds and USA Rhy 2 for high gain. I have chosen all effects that I needed and tried to create a kind of master preset with a structure that I could use for all the sounds that I need in our current set.

This master preset can not be used as is in the Ultra but I think that it is a easy way to have all required options on screen with the Axe Edit. You will of course recognised most of the tips that I have used (as those are yours). There are so many possibilities on this machine that I have started recording also this in a Excel file…

Here is the result but again please note that the presets have been done at a high volume with an FBT Verve 12MA and I am using mainly a Music Man JP6 and a Custom JEM.

I think that I have just scratch the surface. I did not even had the time to really started having a look at user cabs nor at a decent floor controller but I though that it was perhaps the right time to submit my newbie presets to the community in order to gain from your experience. So please feel free to give me comments…..

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Best
Pat

Attachments

• 017 - MASTER PRESET.syx
    2 KB · Views: 118
  • 018 - 1 BROWNFACE.syx
    2 KB · Views: 109
  • 020 - 2 BROWNFACE VIB.syx
    2 KB · Views: 101
  • 021 - 3 BROWNFACE ORGAN.syx
    2 KB · Views: 104
  • 022 - 3 MESA M IV PHASER.syx
    2 KB · Views: 106
  • 023 - 3 MESA M IV SYNTH.syx
    2 KB · Views: 112
  • 025 - 4 MESA M IV +.syx
    2 KB · Views: 106
  • 026 - 5 MESA M IV LEAD.syx
    2 KB · Views: 115
I play through a Verve 12ma as well.
I'll try these patches in the near future....I'm always interested to try somebody else's patches/approach to building them.

Thanks, please let me have your comments/suggestions.
I forgot to mention that those presets where built for mono use with Global Eqs flat.

I'm almost in the same situation as you. I should have my ultra on Wednesday. My other guitarist uses a 6505. We are still in the rehearsal phase, and will be playing live next month. And I too will be ordering a verve 12ma as soon as one of my cabs sell. I will try these patches out when my axe comes in. Thanks!

Im almost in that same situation as well, with a few exceptions my guitar player uses the peavey tripple xxx and i use the verve 15ma.

I tried your patches today through my 12ma and I loved the MARK IVs! The one with the synth is trippy... The brownface, not so much. I too am brand new, in fact these were the first patches I've ever demo'ed off the forum. I also tried some of Yek's. How do I implement a master preset?

Many thanks for your comments.

I have tried those presets last week in live and had good feedback about my sound (the Mark IV Synth in particular; I like this one too with volume effects its sound good.) I did not try to replicate the sound of a Brownface or Mark IV but simply tried to find some sounds that would fit well in our mix and in our set.

Whilst I am happy with the Browface Vib (as this is precisely the sound that I was looking for a particular song) the other clean sounds must be improved and that’s why I have posted those presets. I have already experiment various setting for the Brownface (adding a bit of drive, presence, playing with Eqs etc.) but will still have to try various cabs combination. Any suggestions here are welcome.

Regarding the master presets some of the guys here such as Yek or Scott have come up with very impressive template. Mine is far simpler than those. After various experimentations with effects and tips I have come up with a lot of things to remember when creating a preset and just decided to put all this in the Axe Edit. I have started with the Amp and Cab combination and added all effects that were required for our songs. I have tried to rationalise the use of drive, chorus, phaser ,delay etc. across all presets but there are so many possibilities (placement of effects and settings) to experiment…

I think that it will never ends and that’s why I love the Axe Fx. You think that you’ve got it and suddenly by accident or further to a thread you change one or the other parameter and you have a new number one preset that you will play for several hours. I have never play that much and had so much fun with a piece of gear.

Hi,

I downloaded your Master Preset. The Editor show: 148% CPU
Axe Ultra say: Excess CPU Usage! Reduce Load!
Whats wrong. What can I do?

Greets

Ralf

Hi,

I downloaded your Master Preset. The Editor show: 148% CPU
Axe Ultra say: Excess CPU Usage! Reduce Load!
Whats wrong. What can I do?

Greets

Ralf
Reread the original post. He states that he has all the options in the template and you have to remove the ones you don't need.

That's exactly that. Just replace the effect with a shunt. It is also the easiest way that I have found in order to avoid an issue that I am encountering with Axe Edit. After a copy paste of an effect, Axe edit to not recall properly another preset. I have to select the midi setting option an close this window an it finally works.
I have also noticed that I forgot to mic the Oval cab in those presets with a R121.
All this is a work in progress an I will repost those presets this time in the right section of this forum but please if you have tried those presets let me have you comments and suggestions for improvment.
Best
Pat

I FINALLY got a chance to load up your patches and play with my Verve.
They sound great. I really liked the Mesa Lead patch....
Synth patch was fun too...
Nice work.

This is cool, thanks for posting your patches.

My Verve 8ma gets here sometime this week (I hope). Looking forward to trying them out. I assume these will sound just as good, if not as loud, on the 8ma instead of the 12ma? :)

Thanks for your comments guys!
I did not have the chance to try the 8ma yet but I am pretty sure that this 'little thing' can be really loud but you might have to work on the PEQ to get the right low end...

I have tried the 8ma (and I own the 12ma).
The tone is very very similar....so the patches should still sound great.
But the 8ma lacks a little bit of the bottom end that the 12ma has.

Back
Top Bottom