My new Axe III is DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderer

OK, this can't be happening.

I just received my new Axe III today and when I got home, set it up and flipped the power switch, nothing.

How is this possible?

It leaves the factory with a "quality assurance inspection report " tag showing everything checked out and it is DOA.

Could it be some thing as simple as a cable coming loose?

I will contact Fractal tomorrow.

Any ideas? I guess I was born under a bad moon.

Yes, I am hoping it is something I can fix.

I dread the thought of having to send it back and wait for a replacement but, oh well.

Thanks

Stupid question, but did you make sure that the plug was in all of the way and tried it on another outlet or plugged something into that outlet? I've had one outlet in a double outlet go bad before.

I have tried other outlets and I did make sure the plug was all the way in.

I even tried another power cable.

I just received my new Axe III today and when I got home, set it up and flipped the power switch, nothing.

How is this possible?

It leaves the factory with a "quality assurance inspection report " tag showing everything checked out and it is DOA.

Did FAS take care of you ? I’ve been a customer for over 10 years and only once had an issue requiring I send my unit in and they were great to work with.

They take support seriously.

Did FAS take care of you ? I’ve been a customer for over 10 years and only once had an issue requiring I send my unit in and they were great to work with.

They take support seriously.
Yes, I received a response at 7:00 AM and they issued an RMA at 8:39 AM.

Very good customer service.

My Axe III is now on the way back to Fractal.

Of course, I was really hoping they would ask me to pop the top off and look for a loose cable, but no such luck.

How is this possible?

Probably something in shipping happened. Been with Fractal for 16 years and never had any issues and never really hear of any issues either. Rest assured and Fractal will make things right. I know it is your first time with company, but I am telling you this is not the norm and I would venture to say not their fault. Welcome and here to help you once unit resolved.

Ideally have it sent to a local UPS store (if they use UPS) or pick it up at the warehouse and bypass the truck delivery guy. Sometimes drivers can be intentionally rough with gear. I ran out to intercept my driver when he was dropping off my $1,000 subwoofer. Even with me standing three feet from him, he basically dropped it on the floor. I had told him before what it was and that is delicate. He could care less. He basicaly said, "How nice," then he dropped it and left. Did the box appear damaged at all? It would take a lot to rattle a ribbon cable off.

I would request a new (different) unit as you don't know what other damage may be lurking although you do get a 1 year warranty.
I hope they covered the return shipping?
Get a Turbo version if it is not already.

I’m just gonna go ahead and say what everyone is thinking….

Was this really worth making a post about on a public forum instead of just contacting fractal directly and have them take care of it ( which they of course will without question)? I never understand these posts, ever.

I’m just gonna go ahead and say what everyone is thinking….

Was this really worth making a post about on a public forum instead of just contacting fractal directly and have them take care of it ( which they of course will without question)? I never understand these posts, ever.
Nothing wrong with it. Others can learn about how Fractal handles such rare situations. He can also post back to report what damage may have occured in shipping. Sadly you do not get to decide what is important to other people. If this is not important to you, why don't you just move on and leave this man alone? He is just an excited Fractal fan who wanted to connect with the community he just joined. Fractal will make him feel welcome and appreciated. Shame you will not do the same. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom