My little black magic box died :(

Hofi

Inspired
Hey guys!

As the title says. My Axe Fx II (mark I) died last night.
I was playing and playing, until a big hum noise appeared,
the screen was fading out all of the LED were lightning constantly.
It has got the typical smell like a burned electronic.
The power supply was hot as hell.
I'm really really sad.
This is the first time I have to open the axe fx.
I was using the unit with a Furman as always, so it could not be any voltage problem.
Can the axe fx overheat itself? I'm using a 3u rack with the furman on the top.
I sent an e-mail to G66, since I'm living in Germany right now.
Sorry for my poor English, I don't use the language as much as it's needed. And I don't really know where is my head....

Pics of my axe:

http://hofi.uw.hu/axe_fx_1.JPG
http://hofi.uw.hu/axe_fx_2.JPG

Nothing damage to see for me.

:'(

Sorry to hear that. That sucks! Wish you good luck....maybe it's a burned fuse or something?

Thank you! I guess the fuse is in good condition. And a faulty fuse goes bust faster than this... Or am I wrong?

Than It should be the transformer.
The G66.eu is sending me a new power supply. I hope it will work.

It'll be the power supply. Easy fix, so you'll be up and running in no time.

I bought a spare a long time ago, just in case. Keep it in my rack tool drawer, luckily I've never had to use it.

that sux, sorry man. hope it gets repaired and back to you quickly! you made me nervous, i have an MKI also :shock

Oh... Thank you guys! It's really nice to know, you are with me in these hard days. I can't tell how much I'm missing my black magic box, what makes me happy every time I'm switching on.
Also hard to tell, what a good thing to be a piece of this community that we have got with our Axe Fx's.

I will let you know what happens to me. I have to wait a bit until the power supply arrives. :'(

Hofi, that's sad news. Best of luck and hopefully its up and running soon. Feels like a funeral to me...i can't stand even the thought of not having my axe fx.

Very probably the Power Supply ...... we EU 220/240 V people have the Power Supply working harder than the 120V US users so it's lifespan is shorter I reckon.

Where does one buy this power supply from?
Is it an off-the-shelf product, or designed by Fractal themselves?

"Nose-check" close to VCC2, printboard seems a bit odd on the left of it like something melted, on anode side of diode under it, but it might just be optical. OTOH the power supply board seems to be a regular issue, so probably G66 are right sending you a new one.
Wow, bad day man,
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom