My impression on the Kemper Profiler

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Hey, I've been testing this Kemper out for a few days now and in short: it's not accurate, match EQ is more accurate. So I'd say tone matching will get you closer to the tone you want when compared to the Kemper. All profiles were lacking the "oomph" effect and had less bass and more gain than the original amps. It surely has proper tones in it but I'd pick any Axe-Fx over the Kemper any day.

Any similar experiences?

Here's a video of me and my friend testing the Kemper through Mesa and Marshall. It's in Finnish but it should be easy to follow.

EDIT: I guess I should always play without a pick since my playing is more interesting that way. :D

I didn't find the kemper hat special. It sounded fine. Some profiles were pretty good, some not my cup of tea. When you want to deviate from the profile you are comparatively limited. Routing is so limited. Types of effects and parameters are pretty limited as well. Add the extremely long startup time and it just didn't work for me.

Its an interesting product and I really wanted to like it but it felt like I was giving up a lot of stuff compared to my Axe-FX II. People had been talking about how much better the "feel" was than the axe-fx II and how much more lifelike it was but that was absolutely not something that I experienced in any way... at all...

There's a lot to like about the KPA for sure, but I'm thrilled with my Axe-FX II.

I own both, I love my Axe II.
I love my Kemper, aside from effects and profile management, the amp tones are on par with each other especially with the new V7 on the Axe.
They just have a different vibe
The Axe is a clear winner in effects and management.
I did not share the OP's experience with oomph, I found the profiles to have a nice thunk! I can get a very amp like feel right off the bat with Kemper, V7 now adds that to the Axe.
The Morgan 20 profile is so great.
PS. V7 is killer!

Back
Top Bottom