my III arrived today

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
I've only had time to run through some of the factory presets so far. All I can say is the sound quality improvement is very noticeable. It's far more noticeable than any firmware/epiphany upgrade I've experienced on the 2 over the last few years. The feel especially is amazing.. just to be cliche.. it feels more real. Once the new foot controller comes out this thing is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I think I understand why Cliff is calling the firmware "Ares" the god of war.. War has just been declared on the modeling world!

For sure a bit of a difference in sound and feel. My AX8 sounds great still, but when I A/B them with the same models and settings the III just feels punchier and more dynamic. The AX8 feels a bit "stiff" in comparison.

A lot of people seem to call BS on these claims, saying that they hear no difference etc, but it really is the truth that when you play one you will notice a difference

For sure a bit of a difference in sound and feel. My AX8 sounds great still, but when I A/B them with the same models and settings the III just feels punchier and more dynamic. The AX8 feels a bit "stiff" in comparison.

A lot of people seem to call BS on these claims, saying that they hear no difference etc, but it really is the truth that when you play one you will notice a difference
Most of the people calling BS on that (I've only seen one person do that) have never played one themselves.

It's a beast you have to experience to understand. I am enjoying mine immensely and have zero regret in making the change!

While I have been setting up my patches from the II to the III over the past week, I have had some time to A/B both side by side with a switch on my Boss ES8 programmed to toggle between the two. With the same amp model, same IR and same settings across the patch, there is a little difference in the top end I am finding. Initially when I was going through the factory presets I had thought that there was a much larger difference but that ended up just being that some of the factory presets were using different cabinets on the II than on the III. When I had switched to the same cabinet, they sounded almost identical. The III is still a beast. Futures so bright, I gotta wear shades. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom