My Hermansson Rectifier Preset

I have 4 Tube Heads left, I thinned the herd since I have had the FX3. One of them is a Single Solo 50 that is amazing, and have not been able to dial in that tone on the FX3. This is an amazing preset at it's simplest, and represents the amp well. I appreciate this contribution, and will tweak it to my taste, aaaaaaaaaaand then sell the head.

Kaya wishes to keep it, it's her fave.
Is that her MESA Pacifier... :D sorry, I´ll show myself out...

As promised I finished this preset! 🥳
Finally I found the way to make a pick attack faster that convinced, at least myself 😅
Let me know what you think about this version!

I've tested with 5 different axes:
  • PRS Custom 24 20th Core model with Bare Knuckle The Mule set (Drop C)
  • PRS McCarthy 594 SC with stock 58/15LT (D standard)
  • PRS Modern Eagle II SC with 245 pups (Drop A)
  • Gibson LP Standard 1992 with BKP SILO set (Drop C)
  • ESP Eclipse I FT with PRS 245 set (Standard)
I've tried to have a balanced sound from all of these guitars and it's good enough for my taste.
If you need you ca cut/add bases on input EQ Tab of Amp Bloc to adjust it for your guitar.

Hope you will enjoy it guys as much as I do!!!!!

Attachments

• VORON-HermanssonRectifier-v1.fasBundle
    18.8 KB · Views: 75
That's almost a 50/50 mix of amp and a live untreated room in those videos. You also can't see the size of the room in videos. Also you are getting the acoustic sound of him hitting the strings from the phone mic.

To me it sounds like a medium size room that is very reflective.

I would try dialing in a room with those kinds of properties at that mix ratio, using a 4x12 cab IR since he seems to using a 4x12 in the video, and mix in 5% of a mic on your strings to more match the timbre of that phone video.

That's almost a 50/50 mix of amp and a live untreated room in those videos. You also can't see the size of the room in videos. Also you are getting the acoustic sound of him hitting the strings from the phone mic.

I would try dialing in a room with those kinds of properties at that mix ratio, using a 4x12 cab IR since he seems to using a 4x12 in the video, and mix in 5% of a mic on your strings to more match the timbre of that phone video.
The point is to dial a sound to use in recordings or live situation, not to recreate "amp in a room" sound. So no need to do all these things.

The point is to dial a sound to use in recordings or live situation, not to recreate "amp in a room" sound. So no need to do all these things.
When the reference sound is from a phone recording 2 meters away from a cab in a live room, determining such things as pick attack, bloom, and dynamic range become extremely colored or smeared by the inherent room acoustics as well as blend with the string picking sounds that the phone mic is still picking up.

Trying to separate those factors out from creating an amp sound for live or recording really becomes an exercise in selective perception. Those types of phone recordings generally suck at letting you know what an amp will sound like in your particular room.

When the reference sound is from a phone recording 2 meters away from a cab in a live room, determining such things as pick attack, bloom, and dynamic range become extremely colored or smeared by the inherent room acoustics as well as blend with the string picking sounds that the phone mic is still picking up.

Trying to separate those factors out from creating an amp sound for live or recording really becomes an exercise in selective perception. Those types of phone recordings generally suck at letting you know what an amp will sound like in your particular room.
You are absolutely right! There is a lot of room in this recording and you need no know where the room sound and where the amp sound. But there some other factors to take in consideration.
I've got a chance to play one Rectifier modded by Henric Hermansson recently ;) So I remember very well how it sounds and how it's react with my PRS Custom 24. And for creating this preset I used the same guitar with the same pups.
Adding to this nearly 30 years of touring recording and playing all Rectifiers revisions and I think I can judge more or less about how a standard rectifier sounds in the room on 2x12 V30 and see the difference between standard Recto and Hermansson mod ;)

You are absolutely right! There is a lot of room in this recording and you need no know where the room sound and where the amp sound. But there some other factors to take in consideration.
I've got a chance to play one Rectifier modded by Henric Hermansson recently ;) So I remember very well how it sounds and how it's react with my PRS Custom 24. And for creating this preset I used the same guitar with the same pups.
Adding to this nearly 30 years of touring recording and playing all Rectifiers revisions and I think I can judge more or less about how a standard rectifier sounds in the room on 2x12 V30 and see the difference between standard Recto and Hermansson mod ;)
Very cool.

Right. In my eyes there is no point of posting a camera audio recording of a tube amp for any sort of reference or comparison purposes unless you have a direct (i.e., with a mic'd cab or IR) recording to accompany it.

A microphone on mobile phone will not give you an accurate representation of how the amp sounds. It won't even give you an accurate representation how it sounds "in the room". It's like mixing exclusively through desktop speakers (or MixCubes) and expecting that to translate in the world. They're a fair comparative reference point, but not to be used in isolation to draw any meaningful conclusions from.

It's like going to guitar center, playing through an amp, having someone record you on their phone, then telling people how great it sounded and citing the camera audio as evidence. It would be much more useful to record the amp using a mic in front of a cab (or IR) and post the dry recording without any post EQ or effects.

Right. In my eyes there is no point of posting a camera audio recording of a tube amp for any sort of reference or comparison purposes unless you have a direct (i.e., with a mic'd cab or IR) recording to accompany it.

A microphone on mobile phone will not give you an accurate representation of how the amp sounds. It won't even give you an accurate representation how it sounds "in the room". It's like mixing exclusively through desktop speakers (or MixCubes) and expecting that to translate in the world. They're a fair comparative reference point, but not to be used in isolation to draw any meaningful conclusions from.

It's like going to guitar center, playing through an amp, having someone record you on their phone, then telling people how great it sounded and citing the camera audio as evidence. It would be much more useful to record the amp using a mic in front of a cab (or IR) and post the dry recording without any post EQ or effects.
Absolutely right! I mostly replicated my own experience with Hermansson modded Single Rectifier. I'm living in France and have got a possibility to test one by myself. So the video is more for an overall impression. And by the way surprisingly enough it represent very well the sound of the amp that I've tried.

As promised I finished this preset! 🥳
Finally I found the way to make a pick attack faster that convinced, at least myself 😅
Let me know what you think about this version!

I've tested with 5 different axes:
  • PRS Custom 24 20th Core model with Bare Knuckle The Mule set (Drop C)
  • PRS McCarthy 594 SC with stock 58/15LT (D standard)
  • PRS Modern Eagle II SC with 245 pups (Drop A)
  • Gibson LP Standard 1992 with BKP SILO set (Drop C)
  • ESP Eclipse I FT with PRS 245 set (Standard)
I've tried to have a balanced sound from all of these guitars and it's good enough for my taste.
If you need you ca cut/add bases on input EQ Tab of Amp Bloc to adjust it for your guitar.

Hope you will enjoy it guys as much as I do!!!!!

Great sounding preset! I love Henrics mods......they all sound so good.

Here's a patch with the Recto and cab from your preset blended with Recto and cab from mine......can you say chuggz for days? biggrin.gif

As always, FC1 Pedal2 controls the whammy, and FC1 Pedal1 controls the cab levels for volume.

Attachments

• Rectoforia.fasBundle
    24.1 KB · Views: 20

I cant even listen to it, I hate if I hear all that string noise and pick noise. Its my own personal "nails on the chalkboard". Just sounds like a scooped recto to me, didnt hear anything but good eq 🤷‍♂️

Great sounding preset! I love Henrics mods......they all sound so good.

Here's a patch with the Recto and cab from your preset blended with Recto and cab from mine......can you say chuggz for days? View attachment 139407

As always, FC1 Pedal2 controls the whammy, and FC1 Pedal1 controls the cab levels for volume.
Tried only today, was on the road touring... Dig the preset!!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Back
Top Bottom