My gig at the House of Blues with my Fractal gear

I

I'll try your preset tomorrow. I'm away from my gear tonight. Can't wait! I'll let you know how it does on mine. Thanks man!
A little bass heavy on my Friedmans but other than they are great! Thanks for sharing man!

Ya I had a feeling it might be. I still haven't even hooked up to mine yet. But I've heard they are bass heavy.
I've been using them on the floor since I got them but I put them on stands today and the bass is almost not enough now. Before, they would thump hard so now I am wondering if I should make my presets on stands or with them on the floor??? What do you make your presets on?

I've been using them on the floor since I got them but I put them on stands today and the bass is almost not enough now. Before, they would thump hard so now I am wondering if I should make my presets on stands or with them on the floor??? What do you make your presets on?
On the floor with my XiTone wedges then fine tune them on the Mackie PA at our rehearsal room.

Sounded killer. Cannot wait to try the preset for the ax8. I'll have to transfer the settings to my AxeFX II, don't have an XL.

I think I might have my noise gate in the input section set a little higher than most which is squashing my gain so I've had to compensate by raising the drive block gain higher as well as the input trim in the amp block. Therefore the gain might be to high for your setups just so just adjust to your taste and preference. I have the drive block set for an X/Y state between rhythm and leads. It's a bit higher on the leads. If someone gets a chance would you please take a screen shot of your gate settings on the Input Section so I can verify this? Thanks.

Hey Todd, Nice playing, I've always been a fan of the 80's metal genre.

I'm the guitar player in Sandy's classic rock band btw...

I had an XL a while back, was running it through a QSC k12. that setup was ridiculously bassy, so I swapped it out for a head / cab. I have been thinking of downsizing back though, maybe go the axe-matrix-cab rout. My BE-100 sounds great, but its a real chore to lug around every time we play. The thing is HUGE lol.

anyway, I just wanted to complement your sound and playing, It's cool to know im not the only one around here that appreciates the technology and convenience that Fractal represents.

Don.

Once you've got enough signal to fully open the noise gate, it shouldn't have any effect on your gain.
Ok thanks. I say this cause I noticed my gain sounded WAY lower after I transferred over my presets from my XL to my AX8. Huge difference. So I turned up the Input Trim and the gain in the drive block on the AX8 to compensate. This is what you hear in the video. It sounds great to me and seems to work. It's high gain but not over the top or anything. But I checked the input section on my XL and AX8 and they were set very differently. When I set my XL gate settings like my AX8 setting the gain decreased. Weird. Whatever. It seems to work and sounds great for my needs. When I get some time though I'm going to set the gate setting to it's default settings and readjust my gain settings.

Last edited:
...I noticed my gain sounded WAY lower after I transferred over my presets from my XL to my AX8.
Check your Input Mode and Global Amp Gain on your Axe-Fx. With identical blocks and similar global setup, the two devices sound identical.

Hey Todd, Nice playing, I've always been a fan of the 80's metal genre.

I'm the guitar player in Sandy's classic rock band btw...

I had an XL a while back, was running it through a QSC k12. that setup was ridiculously bassy, so I swapped it out for a head / cab. I have been thinking of downsizing back though, maybe go the axe-matrix-cab rout. My BE-100 sounds great, but its a real chore to lug around every time we play. The thing is HUGE lol.

anyway, I just wanted to complement your sound and playing, It's cool to know im not the only one around here that appreciates the technology and convenience that Fractal represents.

Don.
Hey! Good to see you on here Don!

I roll off most of the high end starting at 2k and above in the Global EQ of Out 1. T

Awesome band, spot on.

Just wondering about your cut in the Global out, do you have an image of what the slope of the eq bands looks like, cutting everything above 2k makes everything pretty muffled at my end.

Last edited:
That was a typo. Only cutting a few dB's starting right around 8k. Maybe 1dB and 2-3 on the higher frequencies. Just enough to get rid of any shrill.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom