My First Gig with 6.0 and my 3rd Grade Son!!!

As a father, guitar player, AxeFX II owner, and Van Halen fan (I just watched Eddie kill this song on 1st row last week), life does not get any better than this. The old man (me) has played guitar since Van Halen released this version of the song. The 3rd grader (my son) has had about 2 months of drum lessons total. (Yes, I screwed up on the snare drum setup, I'm not a drummer.) The school music teacher offered to let us play to a recording like all the other performers, but I wanted my son to have the experience of playing it raw and live and dealing with inevitable tempo mistakes, etc. I couldn't be more proud of him.

Supposedly, even if you don’t have a Facebook account, you should be able to view the attached link:
www.facebook.com/v/3954098372296

I don't post often, but thought you Dads might get a kick out of this. The AV is not great quality, but I'm loving 6! I'm also looking forward to my first band gig using it next weekend!

Congratulations! Actually, it is really cool to recognize that the own kids develop a musical taste that we consider to be good.
You have a gifted son. Be proud of him.

Reactions: Ole
That's awesome! My son is only 3 now, but he already pounds away on the e-drum kit in the basement. I hope one day to be able to do something like this with him.

Awesome job! Parents of drummers are always the most patient people you could ever meet!!

I can't wait until my kids are older and we can jam like this.

I'm not a dad, but a son, so I felt the tension all along... for you not to screw up and loose the tempo :D
BTW: I would not have been able to remember all those notes as a dad on there either!
Well done to the both of you.

So cool! :D You don't have to be a dad (I'm not) to enjoy this.
Prepare for your son bringing home all the girls soon ;)

Back
Top Bottom