My Custom FCB1010 Labels

Hi all,

Last night I finally got around to finishing the label designs for my Behringer FCB1010 loaded with a EurekaPROM 2, and I had some free time today before my lectures so I put them all together. I'm quite happy with the results! I'm not sure why more people don't try to design their own labels as it's really quite simple, cheap and you're able to get them exactly the way you want them.

The designs were done on Photoshop, and if anyone wants me to send them the PSD files then I'd be happy to:
All Pedals.jpg

Then they were printed onto paper with a regular inkjet printer and covered on both sides with clear book covering:
20140716_1223372.jpg

Then cut out to make these cute little bastards:
20140716_1251562.jpg

And don't they look fabulous. I still need to get some double sided tape to stick them down:
20140716_1258382.jpg

Anywho, I just thought that I would share my little project. I hope that you all like it. Thank you to Fractal, Behringer and EurekaSound for making excellent products.

EDIT: Since a few of you guys wanted the PSD files, here you go. I've also uploaded a high quality BMP export of all of the labels together without the text for those of you who don't have Photoshop or don't want to deal with the filesize of the PSDs. Post some pictures of how you use them. :encouragement:

Last edited:
Have you considered Inkjet printable magnetic sheets?
Avery Magnet Sheets, 3pk: Office : Walmart.com

I was thinking about that, but I couldn't seem to find any around locally so I just settled for double-sided tape. If my configuration ends up changing at any point in the future then I will probably look into doing that so that I have a bit more flexibility, but this seems to be working well for now. Thanks for the suggestion though. :encouragement:

They look very well! Could you supply the psd files?

By the way, I'm living in Wellington currently. :) Good to see Kiwis here.

I ended up making a set almost the same way except that mine were black and I just used contact cement to stick them over the spots where the original labels were. But it was just thick paper that I ran through a laminating machine.

For my MFC I used vinyl inkjet printer paper and just made labels using the same fonts and stuff as what is on there. Worked out really well. Never got into the pictures and crap and always went for the factory look.

Thanks for the great response, guys! Since a few of you have contacted me about the PSD files I'll add a link to them in the OP. I would love to see photos of how you guys use/change them so post some here if you can once you're done. :)

Looks great, very creative. Stupid question, what do the +/- 100, 10, 1 correspond to?

It's referring to the preset mode of the EurekaPROM chip I have installed in it. You can scroll through the preset numbers in increments of 1, 10 and 100, and you can have it set up to either automatically send the request on each change or send it manually once you're on the preset number you want. I don't really use that function because I don't use too many presets and mainly just use scenes for sound changes.

By the way, I'm living in Wellington currently. :) Good to see Kiwis here.

We're a rarity here, for sure. ;)

Nice work, might look into the FCB

It's a good, cheap alternative to the MFC101. It has its flaws, but they're not too significant and for the price you can't do any better. You'll definitely want to look into the EurekaPROM chip if you get it though.

Weekend project complete! After a little tweaking in Photoshop and purchasing some supplies, I have a new set of some really great looking FCB1010 labels courtesy of StevenMcNulty. I decided to go the route of printable magnetic sheets which I then covered with adhesive book covering for some extra protection. I think they turned out pretty great, and are a huge improvement over my previous labels.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3odgjvdlxx1i1e/fcb1010%20labels%20-%20isbach.jpg?dl=0

Awesome job, man! The scene numbers that you added are a nice touch. Do the printable magnet sheets work well? I might get around to remaking them with it one day. Thanks for sharing. 8)

The magnet sheets work great! My previous set was made from business card sized magnets that I wrote on, and they worked well but looked pretty terrible. I also experimented with printable labels a while ago, but they didn't work out that great and left behind a terrible mess when I had to eventually remove them.

I know it took a long time, but I do as I promised :)

Attachments

• 2016-09-19 20.12.54.jpg
    2016-09-19 20.12.54.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 73
I know it took a long time, but I do as I promised :)

Looks awesome, man! I've recently moved on from the trusty ol' FCB1010 and have been putting together a smaller MIDI rig, but it's cool to know that people are still getting some use out of the designs I made. :)

I just got an older version of Photoshop and some magnetic sheets will try messing around with this later on today.

Thanks StevenMcNulty for the template! I never used photoshop for this. Just took the jpeg and my awesome girlfriend was able to edit with a few apps on her iPhone to come up with my slight mod to this. I simply imported the jpeg images to Powerpoint and resized them to fit and printed on magnetic sheet. turned out beautifully. I've included the PDF of what my end result was and a jpeg of the basic template my gf made leaving the boxes empty if you find it useful. Cheers

Attachments

• FCB1010 labels.pdf
    777.4 KB · Views: 51
  • FCB1010label template.jpg
    FCB1010label template.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6838.jpg
    IMG_6838.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6839.jpg
    IMG_6839.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 48