my current tone roster

9.02(one oh)

tone of the not so rich and famous :mrgreen:

L/R output 1 xlrs out of ultra to:

1) tech 21 power engine
2) mackie studio monitor

a mic on each side, straight into my camera with XLR inputs.

these are the first 15 patches in my ultra, which have all been used and tested live.
the carol ann and violin patches are the newest in the list and only used once live. still getting used to the violin touch. the real bb preamp in front of the ultra helps a lot. i love that patch!

milkman said:
hey man - that's a bunch of great tones!
very niiiice! :D

any chance to share your patches?

i would if i knew how to download a patch from my ultra without erasing it!

if someone was interested and willing to walk me through the procedure step by step on this thread, i would give it a whirl.

preset manager still scares me although i have successfully loaded the violin patch, scott lerner's dumble patch, cliff's peacemaker patch and jocce's killer tri stereo patches..oh and marco's andromeda patch...so i can get things in but don't know how to copy my patches safely to a path out yet.

The Plexi patch was great.

The best way to save your presets is to use something like MIDI-OX and dump the whole bank and save it.

Actually the best way to save your presets is to buy a second Ultra and copy the presets into it. :mrgreen:

Good work.

Man - that violin patch at the end sounds OUT OF THIS WORLD. Even the low notes sound like a cello or something to my ears. Is that the violin patch that was discussed here, recently?

FractalAudio said:
... Actually the best way to save your presets is to buy a second Ultra and copy the presets into it. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Second ULTRA? Actually a good idea. Wait ... I have to check my finances ...
smiley_emoticons_winken3.gif

Edit: Initial reply was a bit too much ... :oops: ... reduced the post. :)

FractalAudio said:
The Plexi patch was great.

The best way to save your presets is to use something like MIDI-OX and dump the whole bank and save it.

Actually the best way to save your presets is to buy a second Ultra and copy the presets into it. :mrgreen:

Shouldn't you be pushing Axe-Edit Cliff? :p

Lovely tones!

I guess you use a mac operating system?

If you do, try this:

Download Sysex Librarian here:
http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/SysExLibrarian.dmg

Open the program and select your midi device in the drop bar menu in the middle. Then you just have to go to the patch (on your axe fx ultra) you want to export and click "record one" in the upper right corner of the sysex librarian. Then you'll see your exported patch listed as a sysex file in the main window, and you have it on your computer. If you want to import patches, just drop the patch you want to import in the main window, scroll to the desired location on the axe fx, and click the "play" button.

Hope this helps...

Btw: Some really great sounds you have there... I really enjoyed the plexi and the dumble (revelation), but it does sound kind of compressed, don't know if you were aiming for that, but IMO it could be a bit more open sounding... but it's just a minor thing, overall it sounded very good.

I agree the heavier tones are pinched
but physically on stage I'm straddled by the bass player and grand piano and the vocalist are in front of me so I like a tight window sonically

Have you used a compressor or the PEQ for low and high pass filtering?

Btw: Is the SysEx thing working or are there still obscurities?

You've mentioned elsewhere (gearpage maybe?) that you were using the Axe mostly for effects when playing live; you said that feel-wise, something was missing for you. Has 9.02 altered that at all? How are you feeling about the amp models for live use these days?

Joker said:
Have you used a compressor or the PEQ for low and high pass filtering?

Btw: Is the SysEx thing working or are there still obscurities?

i just crawled in the door from an afternoon in LA..i'll try the patch thing over the weekend...thanks!

logicroxx said:
You've mentioned elsewhere (gearpage maybe?) that you were using the Axe mostly for effects when playing live; you said that feel-wise, something was missing for you. Has 9.02 altered that at all? How are you feeling about the amp models for live use these days?

9.02 has changed the game for me. much better now. still not as easy as plugging in to a great tube amp, but much nicer and easier now.

Your sounds and your playing is wonderful.
And I'm fascinated watching your video "your love is extravagant".
Is this band still existing? Any CDs or further videos?
Regards

RolandGuitar
Germany

That's just great! Great playing and tones, and nice "sampler" of the Ultra.

I'm blown away by the Violin patch. Can't do that on a Standard, right?

Thanks for sharing.

RolandGuitar said:
Your sounds and your playing is wonderful.
And I'm fascinated watching your video "your love is extravagant".
Is this band still existing? Any CDs or further videos?
Regards

RolandGuitar
Germany
thanks man.
that's from our weekly church worship service.
unfortunately the worship leader in that video has moved on, but the rest of us still play together with another great leader.

here's a recording of something cool:

bluesy jam

we backed up a guest musician, paul clark, who owns THE best acoustic guitar i've ever seen/heard in my life; a petros crown of thorns. i've run sound for phil keaggy and doyle dykes and hundreds of other great players and this is the one. unfortunately i wasn't running sound for this recording so the bottom was shaved off the acoustic a bit too much.

sax player is steve nieves who tours with loggins and messina, lao tizer (with gtr player jeff kollman), bass player is dean cortez (hiroshima, karizma) and keys by our music director kim hutchcroft (sax for seawind/quincy jones)
i'm using my egnater tol 100 rig on this one for laid back atmosphere and little fills.

There are some fantastic sounds here. But you sound great with any equipment, I love your other youtube videos too, thanks for sharing (I would like to see some of your presets too :) )

Xavi Garci said:
There are some fantastic sounds here. But you sound great with any equipment, I love your other youtube videos too, thanks for sharing (I would like to see some of your presets too :) )

thanks a lot man. i spend enough time tweaking sounds that's for sure.
i'll try to get some patches from this demo downloadable as i think some are pretty creative with the use of envelope and pitch modifiers linked to tone and drive parameters as well as the usual delay and reverb parameters i tend to always use.

then some of you lunatics can refine them for me!

Back
Top Bottom