My Axefx2 is Dead

Few days back my axefx 2 refuses to boot and im getting a blank screen with all the leds lit up plus the tempo and bypass buttons.
The axe is only two weeks old as well,this is very dissappointing.Would like to know if anyone else faced this issue and also how they got it resolved.
,ive mailed support and they said they will get back to me.ive tried all the troubleshoot procedures too.

An internal cable/ribbon might have shaken loose.
FAS Support will let you know what to do.

Few days back my axefx 2 refuses to boot and im getting a blank screen with all the leds lit up plus the tempo and bypass buttons.
The axe is only two weeks old as well,this is very dissappointing.Would like to know if anyone else faced this issue and also how they got it resolved.
,ive mailed support and they said they will get back to me.ive tried all the troubleshoot procedures too.

Sounds similar to the issue I had:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/55876-anyone-had-start-up-fail-issue.html

8 weeks later and $400 in shipping costs later... power supply failure (had to ask three times what the problem was). There have been several reported failures on this board. Mine was repaired under warranty but shipping from New Zealand to USA really hurt. I asked Fractal to cover return shipping as an expression of faith in their product but received no reply.

Im almost 85 percent sure its my power supply i opened the unit up and ON the unit and i was hearing some static noise from the power supply,its sad that i can never ship the unit back because i live in India and i cant afford to ship it back, adding to this there has been numerous people in the forum with same issue, its high time fractal did something with regard to this cause its really hurting people.

It's "probably" the power supply, but get hold of FAS they may be able to tell based off of the symptoms. If it's the power supply, order it.

If it IS a dead power supply, it might be far cheaper for you to just order a new one and install it yourself...

LPT42 Emerson / Astec Power | Mouser <- (hat tip to forum member shasha for this link he gave me when my own Axe-II power supply died).

It cost me around $100 to get the PSU including shipping to me here in Australia. I had it inside a week. It is a really easy item to replace - only 4 screws and two ribbon cables - takes about 2 minutes to do.

Given the freight costs etc., it might be better to just bite the bullet and purchase a new PSU as it will cost you less in the long run than shipping the unit back even for a warranty repair.

Good Luck!

" If you want parts, they are not typically covered under warranty since the diagnosis has not been performed by a Fractal technician.
However, we could arrange to ship a power supply and boot ROM to an Address for you in the US or Canada.
Please let me know how you want to proceed and I will get you a special link to order the parts."

This was fractal supports message to me basically they are asking to me order one.

" If you want parts, they are not typically covered under warranty since the diagnosis has not been performed by a Fractal technician.
However, we could arrange to ship a power supply and boot ROM to an Address for you in the US or Canada.
Please let me know how you want to proceed and I will get you a special link to order the parts."

This was fractal supports message to me basically they are asking to me order one.

Pity you don't live in the US or Canada, after they repaired my Axe they refused for 2 weeks to send it back to me in New Zealand despite the fact that Fractals are not distributed here. If I were you I would seriously consider replacing with a higher quality power supply. Please report back on how this develops, after my experience if I were a gigging musician I would carry a spare power supply to gigs with me.

Here in Indonesia, FAS take care of me well, they replace the unit with new one, it could happened because we had our trusted forwarder usa2indo in the US, the fact is our forwarder no charge me at all for the shipping cost back to indonesia, from what i believe customer service of FAS is person to person standard

Also check my previous thread here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...well-my-axe-ii-just-internally-combusted.html

Forum member Radix Lecti kindly posted to say that he had a spare PSU that he was willing to ship to me. Perhaps PM him to see if he still has it available and get a cost of the freight to India?

Cheers!

I still have my original power supply ... I still need to make sure it is operational (I think it is) but I don't mind sending it out to you if you haven't already ordered one.

I wish I could get somebody's DEAD POWER SUPPLY to fix (AxeFX-II only please), I've been in the electronics repair business for over 20 years and maybe if I get a bad one I can start to post what parts are going wrong with these things, capacitors, diodes, transistors or resistors?? I know that over the past few years TV power supplies have been getting bad capacitors in them.. So if anybody is interested in sending me there burnt out power supply I'm willing to look at it and fix it (depending on the part) if available, then I can return it to you but only charge you for shipping and parts, parts are usually cheap, I won't charge for my time.. PM me if interested.. Thanks

@Redix Lecti i ordered one will arrive tomm.
@Homefree Wish i could send you mine,

Its always a good idea to have a spare powersupply especially for gigging musicians.

I had the same symptoms and Fractal Tech Support was great and fixed it under warranty quickly. Mine had a corrupt IC chip.

Back
Top Bottom