MY AXE-FX II JUST DIED!

help me to

Hello all,
by updating 6, I had the same problem my fx-axis II is frozen all the LEDs lit ..... what to do..
forgiveness for my translation

Michael

Hello all,
by updating 6, I had the same problem my fx-axis II is frozen all the LEDs lit ..... what to do..
forgiveness for my translation

Michael

Michael, it sounds like you may have the same problem as me (see a few posts back). I would contact FAS support with a description and see what they have to say. They are exceedingly helpful and easy to communicate with.

That sucks, best of luck.

Mine was doing that also after having other issues. I had to send it in for repair. After reading some of the bugs I'm getting a little worried being a new owner and all.

My Axe II just died as well :/

First it froze with a blank screen and all the lights on. I tried to reboot and I hear a loud pop from the unit itself (not the speakers) and it's totally dead.

Here's hoping G66's customer support is as stellar as I hear :D

E: A power supply is en route from Germany - hope that solves everything :)

Last edited:
I bought my axefx 2 in november 2011. Ive been using it only in my home studio off and on and not extensively. Axe is connected to my macbook pro via usb and i play it through logic pro. Suddenly axefx stopped and the display went blank with all input and status leds on at the same time. So i switch it off and now when i turn it back on, the status and input leds along with bypass and tempo leds start to blink. Usually when you turn on axefx2 you hear the sound of the fan immediately but i don't hear anything anymore except for only the leds that are blinking. There is no sign of overheating and i couldnt smell anything that could be burning in there. Did you guys have to pay for shipping it to G66?

The number of threads I see like this scares me.

Honestly how many of "theese" threads do you see outthere? Considering there are 5000 (wild guess) Axe out by now, i really find the number of faulty boxes insane low. And thinking of the massive support you get when there is a mailfunction of any kind, i really dont see anything to be scared of.

Honestly how many of "theese" threads do you see outthere? Considering there are 5000 (wild guess) Axe out by now, i really find the number of faulty boxes insane low. And thinking of the massive support you get when there is a mailfunction of any kind, i really dont see anything to be scared of.
THIS.

I emailed both FAS and G66 yesterday but i havent received a response as yet.
Patience, you will. :)

I got a reply from FAS and since Im in norway and i bought my unit from Fractal in US, I need to ship it back to them or G66 in Germany. I cannot use my warranty at G66 just cos i did not buy it from them. FAS can fix my unit under warranty but i have to pay for shipping which is going to cost me around 300usd.

Hi All

I emailed G66 - Home in Germany. Spoke to them over the phone and they figured out that the problem could be the power supply unit in axefx. I probably sounded quite depressed over the phone for the failure of my new axefx, they emailed me today that they are sending over a new power supply from Germany FREE OF CHARGE. I had read about their great customer service here and there but i didnt know those guys are so much helpful. I DID NOT EVEN BUY MY AXE FROM THEM GOD DAMMIT. I just dont have the words to thank them but from now on Im buying all my gear from G66. I seriously have no words to thank those guys.

Reactions: Ole
I've experienced exactly the same problem..screen went blank green with all the lights on, and now it won't power up.

Several users are having this problem...i wonder what the cause is? Is it firmware related?

I've experienced exactly the same problem..screen went blank green with all the lights on, and now it won't power up.

Several users are having this problem...i wonder what the cause is? Is it firmware related?

Nope, hardware (IC on the mainboard).

Hi All

I emailed G66 - Home in Germany. Spoke to them over the phone and they figured out that the problem could be the power supply unit in axefx. I probably sounded quite depressed over the phone for the failure of my new axefx, they emailed me today that they are sending over a new power supply from Germany FREE OF CHARGE. I had read about their great customer service here and there but i didnt know those guys are so much helpful. I DID NOT EVEN BUY MY AXE FROM THEM GOD DAMMIT. I just dont have the words to thank them but from now on Im buying all my gear from G66. I seriously have no words to thank those guys.

Great. So what was the fault exactly? Was it just the power supply inside the Axe FX II that died and needed replacing? I am taking my unit to my local tech this week to see what my issue is

It doesn't matter how many there are, just one is enough to create an air of unreliability. Mine has done this 3 times, the last was just last nite when I powered up before a gig, a power cycle brought it back each time, but I fear there is a time coming that it won't revive. I haven't contacted FAS because I've seen that there are others reporting the problem and I hope FAS is working on a resolution. As more and more of these are being posted I become more concerned. The price of the box makes redundancy unaffordable @ this point and I derive a portion of my income from playing live, therfore a failure can be costly.
If I can't play because of equipment failure then the whole band doesn't get paid and we still have to pay our crew.

Back
Top Bottom