My Attempt at Limelight

Nice playin & tone. You sound like me, I aspire to get better but work and life take priority. I've always loved to jam though. I have S&A on Blue ray and I really like Alex's tone on Working Them Angles, and The larger Bowl. How do you like your Lifeson Axcess? I have the same one in Crimson.

You nailed it; free time is scarce (at least until my kids are grown, by which time I'll probably be too arthritic to play anyway).

I love the feel of this guitar. I thought the crimson looked beautiful when I saw him play it in concert, but I opted for the more traditional burst.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FWIW here's how I use it. For verses: drive, amp, PEQ, cab. For chorus: add delay2, quadchorus, and reverb. For solo, add delay1 and phaser. Delay1 has a repeat hold activated at the end of the solo during the tremolo'd high Eb; that gets killed when the chorus returns with delay2 replacing delay1. I have the delay hold attached to external controller 10.

Attachments

• Limelight.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Excellent patch. I like its functionality. Shoving all the parts of "Limelight" into a single patch is quite an accomplishment.

I had a chance to A/B it against my Hughes and Kettner Triamp MkII Alex Lifeson Signature Edition Christmas morning which was the primary amp for the Snakes and Arrows tour. While yours sounds a lot more like the studio version which I like better, the H&K has more of a German tone in that there is a low mid growl that the Plexi doesn't have with less hair. The models in the Axe-FX II have that characteristic are the Bogner(Shiver Cln, Shiver Lead, Euro Blue, Euro Red, Uber), Engl(Powerball), and Diezel(Das Metal) models. I found that when I substituted the Shiver Lead and Clean into the patch and lost the Rat and PEQ that it was much closer to Triamp Channels 2A(Plexi) and 1A(Clean) which is what I hear on the Snakes and Arrows version.

Last edited:
Excellent patch. I like its functionality. Shoving all the parts of "Limelight" into a single patch is quite an accomplishment.

I had a chance to A/B it against my Hughes and Kettner Triamp MkII Alex Lifeson Signature Edition Christmas morning which was the primary amp for the Snakes and Arrows tour. While yours sounds a lot more like the studio version which I like better, the H&K has more of a German tone in that there is a low mid growl that the Plexi doesn't have with less hair. The models in the Axe-FX II have that characteristic are the Bogner(Shiver Cln, Shiver Lead, Euro Blue, Euro Red, Uber), Engl(Powerball), and Diezel(Das Metal) models. I found that when I substituted the Shiver Lead and Clean into the patch and lost the Rat and PEQ that it was much closer to Triamp Channels 2A(Plexi) and 1A(Clean) which is what I hear on the Snakes and Arrows version.

Sounds cool. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom