My AFII Just blew up

Possibly you could start by giving more details. What happened? What blew up? (the power supply?). Data might lead to answers.

i was playing thru my beloved axe when suddenly there was a loud popping noise that came from the unit. That was followed by a strange noise in the speakers and the screen going blank with weird lines running thru it, then the AF2 just stopped working. I turned it off, waited a little and turned it on again, nothing happened, at that time I noticed a burning odor emanating from the unit and realized something bad has just happened...

Hi laserjam,
I’m speculating but I’d suggest the power supply has gone.
You can purchase a power supply from fractal and if you’re handy with a Phillips head, it’s an easy swap.
Thanks
Pauly

i was playing thru my beloved axe when suddenly there was a loud popping noise that came from the unit. That was followed by a strange noise in the speakers and the screen going blank with weird lines running thru it, then the AF2 just stopped working. I turned it off, waited a little and turned it on again, nothing happened, at that time I noticed a burning odor emanating from the unit and realized something bad has just happened...

Hi laserjam,
I’m speculating but I’d suggest the power supply has gone.
You can purchase a power supply from fractal and if you’re handy with a Phillips head, it’s an easy swap.
Thanks
Pauly
Hi Pauly, yes, your probably right, thank you for the reply

Back
Top Bottom