My 2 year review of the Axe FXII....

Well, I just spent an hour writing my review and with a quick absent minded stroke of keyboard I lost it all...F**K !!!!!! So, here are my key points:

1) I've owned most modellers since they came out; from POD v1 to Eleven Rack to Kemper to Axe FX II. Axe FXII is the most POLISHED and SOPHISTICATED unit I've owned, hands down.

2) The power and flexibility in routing and control of effects via pedals is astounding. Redonculous. Just fantastic.

3) What I love THE MOST about this thing, other than the tone, is that it truly is "the gift that keeps on giving". Example. For the longest time, the Friedman amp blocks were my favorite. After a while, the ears get used to the tone and you want something else. Then I stumbled on the Bogner Ecstasy blocks...and holy crap! I'm getting thick, insane Hendrix tones now that I've always dreamed of. Then I discovered the Slash AFD block...holy crap again! And it just goes on and on. Each time you think you have "heard" all the sounds, think again. This thing can keep you busy for years to come with all the amps inside it.

I could go on and on, but that really sums up the greatest features of this incredible piece of technology. I ordered an FX8 on Sunday night, and bam it was being shipped by Monday (if not Sunday evening); incredible service! I'm going to pair my FX8 to my Bogner Ecstasy head which should be a blast.

Cheers all from Ottawa, Canada (eh)!

Well, I just spent an hour writing my review and with a quick absent minded stroke of keyboard I lost it all...F**K !!!!!! So, here are my key points:

1) I've owned most modellers since they came out; from POD v1 to Eleven Rack to Kemper to Axe FX II. Axe FXII is the most POLISHED and SOPHISTICATED unit I've owned, hands down.

2) The power and flexibility in routing and control of effects via pedals is astounding. Redonculous. Just fantastic.

3) What I love THE MOST about this thing, other than the tone, is that it truly is "the gift that keeps on giving". Example. For the longest time, the Friedman amp blocks were my favorite. After a while, the ears get used to the tone and you want something else. Then I stumbled on the Bogner Ecstasy blocks...and holy crap! I'm getting thick, insane Hendrix tones now that I've always dreamed of. Then I discovered the Slash AFD block...holy crap again! And it just goes on and on. Each time you think you have "heard" all the sounds, think again. This thing can keep you busy for years to come with all the amps inside it.

I could go on and on, but that really sums up the greatest features of this incredible piece of technology. I ordered an FX8 on Sunday night, and bam it was being shipped by Monday (if not Sunday evening); incredible service! I'm going to pair my FX8 to my Bogner Ecstasy head which should be a blast.

Bummer on losing your typed review brother.........I am an older guy who, like everyone else out there, has been searching for the tone in my head. I got an Ultra in 2010 and then upgraded to the XL+ in 2016 and could not be happier. It can be a handful to learn the basics in the beginning but thanks to this forum I am still learning. Today I learned more about the send/return........ I am guilty of using this amazing piece of technology as basically a kick ass preamp.....but I am tickled shitless and "want" to play because it sounds great to me. If I want to tweak, everything is there. I have never had a sound in my head that I could not get out of the XL+

I think like most of us, we don't have a tone in our heads...we have about 50 tones rolling around in there. Whatever biorhythmic tides run us at any singular point in time prompt us to buy *this* amp, then *that* amp, then *yet another* amp.

Fractal gives us the opportunity to scratch all those itches with a few twists if the wheel.

2 years? Whew...you really vet out a piece of kit before you commit!

<insert rock emoji>

R

Thanks for your post. i agree completely, having owned and played through almost every modeller out there in the market for the past 25 years. There is nothing that I would trade my XL+ for. Just the sheer contentment of having access to an unfathomable ocean of tones and sounds keeps me inspired to play and explore.

I've had mine for about 2 years now too, and honestly it still feels like I just got it. It always has something that seems new to me! And with the constant updates, it's better now than the day I bought it.

I'm in total agreement. Each time I open the beautiful black box I am happily surprised. This product must be reverse engineered alien technology!! Thanks FAS for such an amazing piece of gear!!! I'm about 2 years in and I still find new and wonderful things to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom