Wish Mxr Flanger/Doubler M-126

Dimebucker

Experienced
Would be nice to get Mxr Flanger/Doubler M-126 on Axe FX III, Doubler side at least from that unit would be amazing to get inside Axe FX III.

When you asked for an amp or pedal etc they want a diagram at the minimum . Here it is

I have heard some demos, you can do it with the axe already. They are 50 flangers in the unit, you need to choose the retro ones that sound like electro harmonix stuff. The doubling in the available demos is not very pronounced. You set a 70’s flanger with a very low speed and you have it

Attachments

• MXR M126 Service Schematics.pdf
    296.8 KB · Views: 8
I borrowed an original M126 recently. Here's the delay times I measured;
Doubler max delay - 65ms
Doubler min delay - 18ms
Flanger max delay - 3ms
Flanger min delay - 0.1ms

The MXF117 block sounds pretty close to the rack flanger mode - you just need to play with the rate/depth/feedback/manual to get what you want. I've attached my favorite setting as a block.

Attachments

• MXR M126 Flanger_20231109_140117.blk
    493 bytes · Views: 24
Doubler max delay - 65ms
Doubler min delay - 18ms
Flanger max delay - 3ms

The MXF117 block sounds pretty close to the rack flanger mode - you just need to play with the rate/depth/feedback/manual to get what you want. I've attached my favorite setting as a block.
Awesome!!! Any way to get Invert happening to get that High Landrons TZ type flanging?

Doubler max delay - 65ms
Doubler min delay - 18ms
Flanger max delay - 3ms

You're the greatest of legends!

Doubler max delay - 65ms
Doubler min delay - 18ms
Flanger max delay - 3ms

Wont be near my fm9 for several days. Is your custom block attached here just the mxf117 setup to sound like the requested effect? Or will we also need to add a delay block with this?

Also, did Dime use another delay block on top of this? Or was this his only delay?

You'll need a delay block is you want the "doubler" mode. Otherwise you can tweak the attached block to replicate the flanger mode.

Set feedback to negative values for the "invert" mode. You can play with the phase reverse and TZF modes for more fun.

I hope the PastFX pedal can incorporate a dry pass thru so that connecting it in a stereo setup for wide doubling is easier!

Back
Top Bottom